I need some help

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by aka_em, Aug 19, 2008.

1. aka_em

aka_em New Member

Hi,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction to cure my problem. I have been having this same problem for some time now, just haven't found the time to investigate. I have a 2004 VW Golf with factory speakers and a JVC AR-KD3000 receiver with a small 200W sub. The problem that I am having is that randomly my speakers will completely cut out on me. Sometimes it will be just one, or two, or 3 but never 4 or the sub. Strange thing is, when I crank the volume for a split second all of the speakers will turn back on. Sometimes hitting a bump in the road will bring them back. Like I said it is completely ramdom, doesn't matter what I am listening to, but the louder I have the volume, the less likely it is to happen. At first I was wondering if it was a wireing problem, but the speakers that cut out are always different so I don't know what is causing the problem. If you could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help.

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

It sounds like a wiring problem to me too.

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

do you have an amp to the speakers? If so, check your connections. Power, ground, remote and also the speaker connections at the amp.

If you don't have an amp and it's just running off your stereo then check the connections at the back of the stereo. Make sure all the connections are secure and covered (no bare wires can be seen).