i need help with my system

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by hitman490, Jan 26, 2011.

1. hitman490

hitman490 New Member

I have 2 10 inch Kenwood subs p-w1000 hooked up to a Kenwood Kac-7205 1000watt max amp. im using 8 gauge wiring, with an alpine radio. while i listen to subs they are really loud sometimes and other times the bass just cuts off and its like at half and it will stay there for like 10 min or so and come back to full power. it cuts in and out like that all the time. does anyone know what is wrong? do i need a new amp or what?

2. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

Could be your amp. Most likely your amp. Sounds like its geting to hot. But normally if there is something wrong with your amp, it will shut off completely. when it cuts out go feel your amp and see if its warm. It my be a little warm but some times that's normal just make sure it isn't HOT. Could be many things. Start by checking for hotness and all wiring and go from there

3. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

I seen this happen on a kenwood 1800w amp, It was damaged due to low voltage

When this happens is the car off, or running? Also does it happen immediately or after 10-20 mins?

4. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

I think 6.5 is probably right,but 8 gauge might be the culprit.I would upgrade to 4 gauge.