I need help please

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by palone18, Dec 18, 2009.

1. palone18

palone18 New Member

ok i put a system in my 1990 accord, im pretty familiar with stereo systems. i hooked everything up which includes, head unit, amp, subs, cap, and another battery. for the battery i ran a pretty thick cable from the car battery + to my extra battery + no - wire( correct me if i made a mistake there ) well anyway my kenwood head unit will work for a short amount of time after i turn it on and then it will randomly shut off, usually after being on for about a minute right when the bass goes to hit. just instantly shuts off and comes back on and shuts off again. it will keep doing that. the bass will work for that first minute, but then the radio goes on and off. could it be a ground problem? or a power issue? im open to all suggestions, thanks

sorry for the book i typed lol

2. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

its hard to tell what your problem is with what you provided. but check all of your connections, make sure they are all correct and yes, make sure you have good grounds, meaning you should have sanded down where you got the ground to bare metal.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

so if i read that right, you didnt ground the rear battery?

4. palone18

palone18 New Member

yeah that is correct, i didnt YET. i just wanted to hook everything up real quick and see how it sounded. the car is not driving at the moment

5. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

if you didnt ground your back battery...then thats a pretty big problem lol

6. pedro quiroga

BINGO!!! DING DING DING!!! your basically on your factory batt and its dead now.

7. palone18

palone18 New Member

haha, alright thanks. i will ground it tomorrow

8. pedro quiroga

and you want to charge it too,lol

also you shouldnt let a reg starting batt go dead too often as it will ruin its life expectancy.