I need a car to put my system in...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Slump_Da_Hustla, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

Yeah, that's right I spent nearly 1700 dollars on my subs, box and amp and I don't even have the car yet. I need somthing with a fairly big trunk that I can get a HO alt. for. I don't want another car payment so somthing in the 5k price range.

:piss:

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

pick up a 89-97 t-bird

I have a 94 and love it....

nice big trunk ...(and backseat from my younger days :p )

they go for about 3-5K depending on features, eng, mile etc

3. piperazine

piperazine Full Member

What do you want? Coupe, Sedan, fast, safe, low insurance, reliability, gas mileage? We might be able to give you options that are more your style if you tell us your priorities!

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

1>fast,
    t-birds are not super fast but they are ok, my 3.8 l is no hp monster but it is plenty for normal driving

2>safe,
    T-birds are safe, I was in a wreck that should have killed me, but I waled away.. thus I bought another t-bird (I have owned a total of 3 birds)

3>low insurance,
    T-birds have pretty good rates

4>reliability,
    Never had a major problem that was not a "recall" item (head gaskets)

5>gas mileage?
    I get 20MPG city

t-bird perfect car :p

5. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

I don't care about speed or gas mileage. Reliability would be nice. I'll probably put 100 spokes on it. I'm gonna check out some T-birds...

6. trifle

trifle Full Member

no offense, but if you put 100 spokes on a t-bird people will clown you so fawkin hard, and it will look funny....look into a town car or something i like the 92+; steppops owned one...plenty of power for a non-racer and enough to have fun with, smooth ride due to the air suspension, lots of room...etc etc etc.....but please..don't put 100 spokes on just any old car :p

7. piperazine

piperazine Full Member

WOW anyone else notice that the pissing monkey looks alot cooler on a black background?

What happened to the mastrubating monkey? I don't see him in the smilie selection anymore!

Anyway, 100 spokes on a t-bird would look goofy. Buy an early 90's BMW 3-series. Get a black one and throw those spokers on it! That would look sweet.

Besides, when you're talking to somebody about stereos, you get to say "Yeah I've got (whatever you got) out in my Bimmer!"

Last edited by piperazine at Aug 30 2002, 08:37 PM

8. kbog

kbog Full Member

Well if you want to how off the stereo, a hatchback may be nice...