I Love ESN !

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Snausages01, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Well I thought I'd let everyone know...Eclipse Security Network (ESN) covered my stolen Eclipse CD8051. I recieved the new radio today it was a refurbished CD8051 in good condition. The only way you can tell it was used was by looking at the chassis. I had some trouble with them at first because it was registered to a guy at the shop because it was employeed purchased, but once we got that corrected I sent in the police report and the ESN claim form and that pretty much took care of it. So becuse of this I will mostly buy all Eclipse decks in the futrue (unless they begin to suck :)).

But on some 03 Eclispe info...

They new decks lookd pretty good the higher end ones have a green display (8053 & 5443). The lower line ones have a silver and black front, I forgot what color the display was but it looked better than the higher end ones. The 8062 is no longer around it has been replaced by the 8053 that one now has 8/16 volts up (unbalanced/balanced) and the 5443 I think takes the place of the 8052. the lower line ones have Mp3 (or so im told) but the higher end ones do not. Well there is just a little info i have on the new decks. They should start shipping to stores around March I was told.

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Awesome. Got any pics yet chris?

3. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

picks of what? the actual install?...lol if thats what your looking dont hold your breath :) it will be a while before it gets installed. I still have to get the kicks (yes im goin back to q-forms bc i was happy with them just going to angle the tweet a little better) some wire, d and f blocks, and some other things, then i have to build the box...and the main thing is i have to get the alarm.

So in im hoping mid to end summer ill have my stuff in hopefuly but it may not be till christmas at the latest :(

but if you werent talking about pictures of the install and wanted pictures of something else i can take them :) lol

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Your HU silly...

Summer? Oh shit... I would go crazy if I was waiting that long.

5. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

LOL...I am going crazy I want this stuff in so bad...Half of it is in my room and half of it is up at Baton Rouge at my brother in laws house so no matter where i go it haunts me :).

[​IMG]
    thats the old Im going to take pictures of the new one right now.

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Killer deck. I love the apearance with the dark face and ergonomic controlls. I am dying to see it all lit up. Congrats.

7. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Yea its looks pretty nice some peepl say they are ugly I dont think so I think they look kinda cool.

The Pic I posted above of the old one is the same deck.

8. PerryB

PerryB Guest

Chris,

glad to see Eclipse took care of you. The new decks should be awesome. I saw the pic of the cd8053 and got the specs.

dual 24 bit dacs
    balanced line outs
    time delay
    adjustable crossovers
    Sirius satellite ready(eclipse should be finalizing the deal with them soon according to eclipse tech support)
    control the mp3 hard drive unit(go to www.cesweb.org, mobile audio, awards and you can see specs and pic) with the use of eclipse commander(according to eclipse again)

and all of this is supposed to retail for under $600(although eclipse said pricing hadn't been confirmed at this time)

I am most interested in the satellite radio part though. I will definitely want to get that deck.

9. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Chris,

glad to see Eclipse took care of you. The new decks should be awesome. I saw the pic of the cd8053 and got the specs.

dual 24 bit dacs
    balanced line outs
    time delay
    adjustable crossovers
    Sirius satellite ready(eclipse should be finalizing the deal with them soon according to eclipse tech support)
    control the mp3 hard drive unit(go to www.cesweb.org, mobile audio, awards and you can see specs and pic) with the use of eclipse commander(according to eclipse again)

and all of this is supposed to retail for under $600(although eclipse said pricing hadn't been confirmed at this time)

I am most interested in the satellite radio part though. I will definitely want to get that deck.[/b][/quote]
    Yea I saw the spec sheet on it but we only had one copy so the other guy kept it. They looked pretty sweet I wish I woulda had more time to review I may make a copy of it. But I had no idea what the prices on them were but if they are 600 MSRP I'll have my cd8051 up for sale real soon :) well actually now maybe :) pending on priceing of the new ones.

Thanks for the added info.