I Hooked It Up.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by DerrikW, Jun 10, 2004.

1. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

Well I finally hooked up my z9000 for a couple minutes just for shits and giggles. It ain't permanently hooked up because I have to make a new box for my sub and a new amp rack cuz it's too damn big. When running at the same volume as my old pioneer the cadence definately has more low end to it. The mids have much more authority than they did with the pioneer. Keep in mine I do have the gains turned way down to match output of the pioneer. And the volume isn't anywhere near all the way up. I decided to juice the gain and put a little power into the kappas, I just turned it up by ear, with the volume nob on 50 out of 62. I turned it up until the kappas were screaming for mercy, and the amp just basically laughed. She had tons more juice to go but the comps. just couldn't take anymore. They were under alot of stress.

I don't know if I wanna hook the amp up though, it's so purrtty. Seth I'm sure you have seen the new cadence amps, I think they look kick ass. They definately don't look like the ones on their website. I almost shit myself when I opened up the box and seen this thing. I was expecting it to look like the ones on the website. Now I just have to get off my lazy ass and make a new box and modify my amp rack to fit it. Damn it.

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

:p

I told you it was a kick ass amp. They are very strong, and well detailed. I am glad to hear you like it...

I haven't seen the "new" Z9000 :huh: , gotta pic?

3. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I love my Q3000, I've got the gain all the way down and it goes loud enough to hurt my ears. Never got the urge to turn it up any further. I love my little orange amp.

Yes need pics!

4. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

Unfortunately no. I will have some pics of it this weekend, I have to borrow a friend digital cam. Mine broke. Damn it anyway.

5. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I'm curious myself!
    Post some pics if you've got them...
    Personally, I'm a fan of the old orange/chrome look... and even more a fan of the design (since you could even unbolt the orange part and spray it whatever color might better suit your install).
    So, I'm very curious what they look like now, I didn't know they even had done a cosmetic redesign on them... I thought they were leaving the Q's and Z's alone, essentially phasing them out with the newer amps. :confused:

The Q3000 is one of my favorite overacheivers also, H. Bob... ;)

6. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

I can't get the damn pics to post.

7. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

8. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Wow, thats pretty looking...

9. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

OH MY!!!

That is a fuckin nice looking amp!!!

[​IMG]

10. TheSSG

TheSSG Full Member

Ewwwww. I like the Metal parts. The Z thing across the middle reminds me of the Power Rangers though... :D