I have a major problem..

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Bosley, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Bosley

Bosley Guest

I got a set of morel sr-8.3 components that were origionally $859.00, for $350.00 on clearance.
    I recieved them today and they were missing the crossovers.

I called the place and told them, the guy said he would try to get me a set of crossovers on monday, if he couldn't i would be s.o.l. and i could either keep them or send them back for a refund.

I still feel like i got a good deal for the 6 speakers even without the crossovers.

What should i do if he can't come up with new crossovers for me?

I can buy them from morel for $159.00, but i really don't have that to spend right now. Could i get a cheap set of crossovers from someplace like partsexpress?

I don't know much about crossovers and their quality vs. the effects of sound quality.

I could always get a cheap set of crossovers to get me going, then buy the morels when i get some $$$.

Any suggestions on this pickle i am in?

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Get with Geo on this. He always has crosses floating around, and know where to get them...

3. MMats4life

MMats4life Full Member

you can make them... if you can solder and such.
    i would try to get another 50 bucks out of the company (unless they were sold "as is").
    then you can buy others from other companies or spend the 150.

4. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

build your own crossovers... make sure you use good componants for it though.

5. Bosley

Bosley Guest

I think i would like to order something like this as a temporary solution to the problem,

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...t_ID=5638&DID=7

but they are rated at 8 ohms, how do i figure out what they would be at 4 ohms?

also, can i use these? (sorry, i don't know a goddamn motherfucking thing about car audio, but hey, i'm learning...)

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member