I fried the power distribution block?

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by SwampLife, Mar 29, 2010.

1. SwampLife

SwampLife Member

I have a cheap amp (Baja HA700M) 700 watt amp that I was using for a 10 in my car. I dont know how it happened, but the area where the power, ground, and remote wire connect. it looks like I melted that area where the power wire is supposed to go into. The plastic around it looks like it exploded. I have a bunch of stuff in my trunk floating around, I think that the ground came undone and touched the power wire, causing it to melt. Is there a way to get that repaired? About how much do you think it would cost? Thanks

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

If its a cheap amp, just upgrade. It wont be worth it to fix it.

3. MTX4Life

MTX4Life Full Member

I had the same situation, only it was a sound stage in my Boss amp.. Good amp, just cheap. I could've bought a whole new Boss amp for the cost to fix the old one.. just save up and get a decent one man.. alot easier, cheaper, and less stressful than blowing one cheap amp after another.

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i think this is your problem, not a bad amp at all. i sold a profile amp to a friend of mine that i bought in 92. still works great.

like it was said you can get another amp for a lil bit more than a repair can cost.