I bought a 2003 Cadillac deville...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Caraudiotalk, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Caraudiotalk

Caraudiotalk Administrator Staff Member

SO I bought a 2003 Cadillac Deville DHS.

Now I need to look at new audio for this car.

I have the Stock Bose with the CD & Cassette.

First, the head unit. I need to change this, its awful. I need something with NAV and I would like bluetooth so my phone can work through the system.

It also needs to work with the onstar and the teering wheel controls.

Im open to all ideas and suggestions.

Attached Files:

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

O.K. You could have picked an easier vehicle. First we need a data interface that will allow you to retain Bose and Onstar. The interface I use (and Like) would be the Axxess GMOS-06. The beauty of this interface is that it provides you with everything required for Nav and DVD. The brake input, the VSS, the reverse input and mute is all provided by the interface. The Axxess piece is a little pricey but its worth it. You will do NO Damage to your car and you WILL NOT spend hours trying to figure things out.

Now for steering wheel controls, PAC make an excellent piece. Depending on the brand HU you decide on, you will need the SWI-JACK or the SWI-PS. Programming these units is a little difficult (bad directions), but they work flawlessly. Make sure the HU you decide on has a remote input jack in the rear (most do).

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Nice...My friend just got a 03 deville not too long ago for 3G's...nice condition.

can you say COMFORTABLE AS F**K!!!

4. Caraudiotalk

ok, so lets talk about the head unit. whats good out there today without being silly priced?

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

The only experience I've had with Nav units (with bluetooth) is the Pioneer brands. They do seem to work well. here is what I don't like. It literally takes a minute to a minute and a half to "boot up". This really annoys me.

Overall performance of the Pioneer is good.

I have had experience with older Kenwoods (nothing current), the always exceeded expectations. Again, I've had no experience with current units.

Keep us informed on the hunt.

6. Caraudiotalk

Here is my current Lincoln Mark VIII Car Audio setup.

I am pretty happy with it as far as sound. What I am missing more then anyhing is the bluetooth so my phone works in the car.

So, thats why I'm looking for suggestions.

7. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

The unit I have the most experience with is the Pioneer AVIC F900BT. It has DVD, navigation and built in bluetooth. This unit seems to work well and it seems to be priced aggressively. We have sold a lot of these HU's.

I'm suprised others have not weighed in, maybe they are intimidated by you:confused:

8. Caraudiotalk

Intimidated by me???

9. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I would but I am always on my iPod and it's harder to find stuff.

10. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i have no experience with nav units. so i cant help you there, but i do like pioneers lol