HT setup

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by xganjax, Sep 28, 2002.

1. xganjax

xganjax Guest

I know this is a car audio forum, but i figured some ppl here must have home theater systems too.

I currently have a mtx 3000 series sub (don't laugh, i thought they were the shit 3 years ago) and a pioneer amp (360 rms @ 4 ohms) just laying around in my garage. I want to hook that up in my dorm room somehow, but i don't have a clue how.

I got a feeling i can't use my pioneer amp, so i could order a plate amp from partsexpress for like $120 thats rated at 250watts @ 4 ohms.

so i got the sub, got a box for the sub, and i can get an amp. Now how do i hook that up? do i need a reciever? i want to hook it up to my stereo and my tv so how would that work?

damn, i'm oblivious when it comes to home theaters :(

thanks for any help

Last edited by xganjax at Sep 28 2002, 02:24 AM

2. luvdabass

luvdabass Full Member

Hey, I just bought the 300-794 amp from PE....$119 on sale..woohoo.

Anyway, dont use your car amp in the house, its cheaper to just get a ht amp.

You will need a reciever. On most recievers there is a output for the sub, so just run an RCA cable ( sometimes its just a sigle mono output) from the reciever to the amp.

Run a set of rca's from your tv to the reciever, same thing with a vcr or DVD player....

3. xganjax

xganjax Guest

thanks for the help iluvdabass

would this receiver work? http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf..._ID=15610&DID=7

and whats the deal with the amp in the receiver? what exactly does the receiver power?

it has 3 input and 2 output, so would the tv, stereo and playstation inputs and the amp would be 1 of the outputs???

but damn, its $200 bucks... i'm a broke college student, i have more important things to spend my money on :D