How Good Are Audiobahn Amps?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by kennyg, Dec 13, 2002.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I have been using a Class D for about 2 years, still runs strong

2. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

Are they better than the JBL monoblocks? What about quality as compared to other companies? Sorry to ask so many un=informed questions, I just have no idea what to buy, and would like to try something different. I'm just really cautious when buying a brand I've never owned before. BTW, I couldn't find one, but do they make a mono amp that puts out over 600 RMS at 2 ohms? I saw some that were 1 ohm stable, but was wondering about 2 ohm models. All I could find was 1 that was 560 at 2 ohms. Thanks.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

they dont make a Mono Block for 2ohm like JBL does

IMO jbl's blow :p

the A1200.1D puts out 750+ watts at 2ohm, that is what I have, I thnk the new number is A12001DQ or somehting, same amp really

4. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

Well the one I posted a link for is a class AB monobloac, and It's 560 RMS at 2 ohms, unless it's a missprint.

5. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Is there a website that explains the differences in amp classes?

6. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

Well, basicall, Class D Monoblocks are supposed to be more efficient than class A/B amps, which almost every 2 channel, and still some mono amps are. But, at full power, there is almost no difference in current draw (usually). I don't know about you, but I usually play my stuff full-tilt most of the time, therefore I really don't see an advantage to class D.

7. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

8. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

no that is not true exactly

IF you run a Class AB full bore at 1ohm or under there is little diffeance between the Class D running at 10hm

but at 4ohm there is Large Differances

9. Audio Nut

Audio Nut Full Member

well ive got the audiobahn 1300 watter...not sure if its class ab or class d....but its a mono...1 channel amp...

650+@2ohms
    1300+@1ohm :blink:

on the downside....sucker draws some power...nowhere near as much as the jbl amps...

i got 2 audiobahn 700 watt subs...wired up to 4 ohms until i can get a new batt and alt.

tho they only getting...175 a piece...nice tho...still slams...

oh and the lighted vu meter on the amp is dope!!!

the new ones look better tho...

audiobahn amps=$$$

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

it is Class AB, you have the High Current Series, the one with the gold trimm