how do i install JUST head uniton a 99 grand cherokee

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by psycho_maniac, Feb 18, 2008.

1. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

hey whats up? So i finially got a new vehicle. A 99 grand cherokee LImited with the infinity sound system. How would i install my eclipse deck in it? I read i need a "PAC OEM-1" Now im just putting in an aftermarket cd deck. Do i need this at all? I plan on putting in my system later. Also how do i replace the tweeters? I think they are blown. Also anybody ever use the other PAC device so you can use the standard steering wheel buttons?

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I've never used the PAC unit but I hate Jeep installs...hardly any room at all behind the head unit

3. psycho_maniac

ever see big sub box in one? Any idea how my kickers would sound in the jeep?

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

The install should be straight forward. That Dodge radio (jeep) is a high level radio. You have many options, install normally (don't forget the remote wire), or with an interface to reduce the level to the amp or bypass the amp.

Again your choice.

5. psycho_maniac

Well did the install. Works very good. I DID forget the remote wire. Not used to havng a vehicle with a stock amp. Looks very nice. Ill take pictures tomorrow.

6. psycho_maniac