How Bad Is This?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by nismo, Dec 22, 2003.

1. nismo

nismo Full Member

i have an unopened package of mekp that i just opened the bag to (the plastic bag that the package came in), and the packaging was all warped. the tube of mekp was about 2/3 of the way emptied. not thinking about it, i picked up the package and sniffed it...there was only a faint smell of something strange, but im more interested in whether touching the package could have transferred mekp to my hands? i went and washed them off, but will it burn my skin over the next couple hours or not?

eric

2. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

you are about to find out :lmfao:

3. nismo

nismo Full Member

i cant smell it on my fingers, so im hoping ill be okay.

eric

4. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

What exactly is mekp and what is it used for?

5. nismo

nismo Full Member

its the hardener for resin used for fiberglassing...apparently i it must not have soaked thru the plastic box, cuz it didnt do anything to my hands.

eric

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

pish posh

I mix Fiber With my Finger,

only Wimps follow the Saftey Directives :p :p :p :p :p :p :p B)

7. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Chancing it with mekp isnt a good idea. VERY dangerous stuff.

I am very careful with this stuff. I remember getting some splashed on my cheakand I washed my eyes for like 10 minutes. This is coming from a guy who washes his hands and arms with acetone on a regular basis.

8. josh99ta

josh99ta Full Member

MEKP is some weird stuff. I had bought about four tubes at WalMart, never opened, and left them sitting on top of my cheap RCA 8" home sub cabinet, and when I finally moved them, the finish was all bubbled up. Never even opened the tubes and all gone. All thats besides the point, I think you'll be OK.