Hooking up amp in stock 07 Malibu

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by hunt1153, Dec 25, 2009.

1. hunt1153

hunt1153 New Member

Hello,
    I was wondering just how I am going to be able to hook up my amplifier to my stock head unit. I know I need a line converter but I dont know if I have the right one nor how to hook it up. I have the Scosche FAI-3A. I am not sure if this is the right one that I need and if it is can someone please tell me how I can wire it up so that I can hook my amp into the RCA's. Can I just tap into the rear speakers inside the trunk?

Hunt1153

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

yup. thats how you do it.

3. hunt1153

hunt1153 New Member

Thanks for the reply

hunt1153

4. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

no problem.

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

it can be as easy as that. do you plan on just running a sub amp? or will there be a mid/high amp too?

if its for a front speaker amp too then i would go from behind the radio.

BUT....... if just for a rear speaker or sub then yes go from the trunk. you'll also need to find a way to turn on the amp too. does your LOC have a remote turn on?

6. hunt1153

hunt1153 New Member

No iam not going to be running a mid amp. This is strictly just for my kicker amp and infinity 12's. I have already ran my remote wire from my radio fuse to the trunk. I have all my power wires and ground wires ran I just needed to know if I could just tap into the rear trunk speakers to my loc and get the rca jacks working.

7. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

yes............