Hmmm...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by wes1016, Jan 24, 2007.

1. wes1016

wes1016 Full Member

Need a little help w/ something....I recently got a new truck and hooked up my amp, head unit and sub. When my sub is turned off my highs from my factory speakers sound fine and clear but when I turn my sub on my highs go to sh** and then sound very distorted or blown. I have played w/ most of the settings on my premier head unit and cant seem to figure it out. Basicallly...when the sub is off, the highs sound good and when the sub is turned on, the bass is crazy but the highs = crap. Any suggestions besides new speakers cause those are comming in a few weeks.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

what is your bass vol set to?are the tweets crossed over?

3. wes1016

wes1016 Full Member

it does it when my sub is at -6 through +6... what exactly do you mean by crossed over?

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

is there some sort of croosover on your mids and highs.

5. wes1016

wes1016 Full Member

ummm no i dont think so....would that explain it?

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Please list all equipment

7. wes1016

wes1016 Full Member

ok ok i got this....I have a premier head unit that was about $280 retail, a memphis prd500/1, and a 12"kicker cvx(2 ohm) in a ported box and I still have my factory speakers. I had it installed at a local car audio store...Most rock and techno songs sound distorted when I turn it up when the sub is on.(not the bass,the sub itself sounds fine) Its just wierd i d/k.

8. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Are the factroy speakers playing full range?

Have you tried inverting the phase to the sub (reverse the positive and negative speaker leads)???

Have you made the folks that installed this equipment aware of this problem? it may have been something they have done......