Hey Sandt, what size are the speaker locations in

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Slump_Da_Hustla, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

I'm thinking of getting a regal or cutlass supreme, like an 82'-87 and I've never built custom kicks before. Please don't tell me they come with a single 4x10 in the dash and a pair of 4's in the rear deck or some gay shyt...

2. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

3. ASM

ASM Full Member

According to crutchfield the cutlass has 3.5's in the dash and 4*10's in the rear deck.

4. Slump_Da_Hustla

Looks like I'm gonna need custom kicks if I get a GM.

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

That is correct. If you get 1 with concert sound it has 5.25s in the door. I had to build pods because the depth of mine were too shallow, and I didn't want to cut the factory pods. I needed .75 inches more. Here is the stock location and some shitty temporary pods I built without having to modify the door panel AT ALL...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hope this helps...

6. Slump_Da_Hustla

I could probably do somthing like that if I put my mind to it- I just don't want to mess with fiberglass cuz I'll fucc it up. How epensive/readily available are parts for those? I can't afford a GN but, I really like regals too.

7. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Those are 3 pieces of wood, with the circle already cut out, then glued together, and rounded and shaped by a belt sander. REAL easy. Parts should be fairly available. Look in a bone yard for any rear drive regal, cutlass, Lemans maybe, with concert surround. I suggest building them yourself. If you want more info ask, I'll be glad to help...

Last edited by sandt38 at Sep 10 2002, 09:02 PM

8. Slump_Da_Hustla

Those are 3 pieces of wood, with the circle already cut out, then glued together, and rounded and shaped by a belt sander. REAL easy. Parts should be fairly available. Look in a bone yard for any rear drive regal, cutlass, Lemans maybe, with concert surround. I suggest building them yourself. If you want more info ask, I'll be glad to help...[/b][/quote]
    Thanks Sandt, There's an old guy selling an 84' T-type with 51,000 miles for 3900.00! It'll probably be sold by the time I get back to the states though