Hey Dan...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by trifle, Aug 26, 2002.

1. trifle

trifle Full Member

sorry if you've already said before, but when will the comp set be out? i'm ready to order a set now and am probably going with some cdt hd's unless you can give me enough good news to persuade me otherwise...

2. syntekz

syntekz Full Member

Yeah I'm ready to see what these things are made of.

3. Krelkor

Krelkor Full Member

i thought they were still being designed

4. syntekz

syntekz Full Member

I heard a couple months...

5. trifle

trifle Full Member

couple of months..... :(

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

dan somehow replied after I shut down the other forum

I a few minutes I will go to the other systme and post his reply here for you guys

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

8. trifle

trifle Full Member

thanks michael for gettin the post back...

thanks dan for the reply..but dan, everytime i ask you never say why i should hold off on getting a set like the cdt hd's with the dtm tweet instead of yours...or if i should at all...

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

not a problem

10. DanWiggins

DanWiggins Full Member

Trifle posted:
    Well, you probably know my answer...;) Wait for our components. These were designed to compete with Dynaudio, Focal, Rainbow Pro, Morels, etc. But at a price point (under $350) that most people can afford.

Our mibass is a custom semi-exponential poly cone, inverted roll rubber surround, and an extremely linear motor and suspension (7mm of one-way linear excursion). FLAT frequency response: +/- 1.5 dB from 100 Hz to 5 kHz.

Tweeter is a custom 2 layer ring dome, with an extremely flat off-axis response. It's a polyamide base with a vapor-deposited aluminum layer on it. Ferrite magnet, surface or flush mountable, VERY smooth and detailed sounding.

Crossover is (of course) full custom. And we're using polypropylene caps (not the standard mylar or electrolytic units found in other XOs) and all air core inductors. It is a 4th order Linkwitz Riley crossover design.

Overall, the system is extremely flat and neutral; in-car measurements show the unit to be +/- 2.5 dB from 70 Hz to 20 kHz, when the speakers are mounted in the typical low door/kickpanel location and the response is measured at the drivers head-rest. True 4 Ohm impedance, good power handling (150W RMS).

Anyway, that's just some of my thoughts on the units! We're still shooting for a September release of the components, so the end is not too far off!

Dan Wiggins
    Adire Audio

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Do you have any preliminary specs with regaurds to cutout diameter, magnet diameter, depth, etc.? I am considering a doorpod design for the units and need to know if it will fit without massive door modifications. I want to be able to return the doors to a stock appearance if nessicary so this is a concern. Sadly, my ?s about AD are seeming to go unanswered :angry: , so these are becoming a good possibility.

Also, what, if anything, are you going to do about a satisfaction garentee? I am concerned about buying the units and being displeased (I am really a stickler on tweets), and as you know, I prefer to buy manufacturer direct. Besides, dealing with you directly has always been a pleasure. There are few stores I trust on the internet, actually 2, you and Mike, and I would rather keep my buisness with you 2. Thanks Dan.
    Seth

12. sundownz

sundownz Full Member

Wow... I had no idea Adire was making a component set :blink: Looks like I may have to replace my JL Audio XRs after all (been very very happy with them). Could go all Adire for sound, to match my 15" Brahma :D

Last edited by sundownz at Aug 29 2002, 10:23 PM

13. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

My thoughts exactly. Good to see you here sundownz. I need all the help I can get here. We Brahma guys need to stick together ;)

14. DanWiggins

DanWiggins Full Member

I'll have dimensions and a teaser page posted later today, on the website.

Satisfaction guarantee will be the same as with other products; see our Warranty Page for our warranty, satisfaction guarantee, and other details. Basically 30 days.

Sundownz,

Yeah, I try to stay busy...;) I wanted to get these rolling before the last quarter of the year, and it looks like we'll just sneak it in.

Dan Wiggins
    Adire Audio

15. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Thanks Dan, I'll check it out tonight.

16. sundownz

sundownz Full Member

My thoughts exactly. Good to see you here sundownz. I need all the help I can get here. We Brahma guys need to stick together ;)[/b][/quote]
    Hehe, thats right man! I got a friend of mine to order a 12" Brahma, he just got his in yesterday and he is SO excited. He's waiting on his JBL BP1200.1 to install it all, gonna build him a heavily braced 1 ft^3 box for it. Everyone who has heard my sub wants one now. I imagine if I got the Adire components the reaction would be very similar B)

17. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

18. FaintReality

FaintReality Full Member

19. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

20. ASM

ASM Full Member