Hey a new guy!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 4Runner, Apr 22, 2007.

1. 4Runner

4Runner Full Member

Hey, I'm Andrew. I have a 4Runner (2002) and I want it to basically, bounce. haha. Im not sure what all i should put in it.

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Hey 4 Runner!!!!!

Welcome aboard !!

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Welcome 4Runner. What's your budget and what do you currently have?

4. 4Runner

4Runner Full Member

Its all stock. I have my brothers older deck but not installed. My budget is prettymuch unlimited.

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I want one of them unlimited budgets, where do I get one???

Welome 4Runner

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Ranger, Viking, Azn, Pedro and ibanez... UNLIMITED BUDGET!!! We can have a lot of fun with this!

7. 4Runner

4Runner Full Member

Well this summer, my job will pay about 1k to 2k a month, depending on how much i work. But, the thing is, my dad wants me to live with him and he saysill live for free, I just have to stop or at least slow it down with some of my more indecent habbits.

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

What kind of bass are ya looking for SQ or SPL? Have in mind how many subs you want and what size?

Try to give us any information you can on what you really want. we can work it out form there.

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Unlimited Budget AND wants it to bounce???

I'd get some nice hydraulics put on all four corners...make sure to have the frame reinforced...add to that a big bank of sealed batteries like (kinetik, optima, odyssey, stinger...big batteries) and you'll be bouncing in no time.

11. 4Runner

4Runner Full Member

No hydrolics. Id like a max of 4 subs, minmum of 2, I want it to be a relaly nice system. Id like a in dash dvd screen as well. Not sure about the back row, but I might put a tv there to. An alarm would be a good idea to.

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

alright, first you gotta get component speakers for the front. If you're gonna have all the boom in the back you gotta make sure you have good sound up front. A 6 1/2 component system will work up front for your 4Runner. A lot of the stuff on the market sound good. It's gonna come down to what you prefer. You should prolly go to a car audio place and listen and see what you like. Brands like MB Quart, Focal, DLS are very good and can get pretty pricey depending on the model you get. Have a look on these sites just to get familiar with some stuff.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/

http://www.woofersetc.com/

http://www.partsexpress.com/

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/

For your amps and subs, if your gonna ask Aznboi he'll tell you to look at Elemental Designs here's the link:

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php

They have very good amps, and subs. I'm gonna get myself an ED sub in a few months. They have very good reviews...
    Also for looking at subs and amps especially having a lot of cash, take a look at brands like JL Audio and Kicker. I'm missing a lot right now, gotta bad headache. Try to pick out some stuff that your interested in, and the guys here will give you thier views on it.

13. TheViking

well, well, well...

An unlimited budget eh?

First and foremost.....define WHAT you want from your sytem. I will guess you are like most everyone, Sound Quality and SPL....

Then you need to look at your taste in music, boom boom rap most of the time? or perhaps country and western with some rock thrown in?

A big sytem requires electrical upgrades to the charging sytem, among other things...

As for security, i reccomend autopage

Now, lets get realistic here.......

Alot of folks here will tellya what to get cause it "sounds the best"....well, I am here to tell ya that the bottom line is this...get what YOU think sounds good...Dont pay attention to some jackass on the street that tels you this is better than that...let your OWN EARS tell YOU what sounds the best..this is especially true for componenets in your car.... Let what everyone tell you sonds the best to be a simple guideline for a search of your desired sytem.

Subs and amps are a dime a dozen anymore....you want some killer bass......bottom line, the right box IS the MOST important factor...period.

e can continue this later...Dont make a quick decision and regret it later......a properly built sytem can last for years and sound awesome if done right and treated with respect....

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

sorry for the double post. my bad.

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

viking is right, He knows his shyt. He's been around for a LONG LONG time.

16. TheViking

You aint sayin i am old are ya?????

:cool:

17. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I'm just playin' with ya Viking...

18. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I have an Elemental Designs Nine.1 amp...VERY NICE.

Puts out MORE than rated power...5 year warranty...can't beat it

19. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Azn, you set it up already? send some pics! I wanna see it.

20. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Yeah I installed the amp...and put in my friends MA Audio HK150XC sub.

Its getting about 500-600 watts rms from the Nine.1 wired at 2 ohms(dual 4 ohm sub)...Right now it is in my huge ported box that I build(the one Ranger designed)

It's pretty loud...flexes my roof and makes my rear wiper bounce a lil...my back hatch vibrates SOOO much now though.

Earlier today I put my friends 15 Type R in there getting about 1000 watts...it was LOUD

My gf is letting me borrow her camera tomorrow...I'll take some pics.

This amp is VERY efficient...for being able to pull 130 amps max current...my voltage would only dip to about 12.6-12.8 volts