Help With Subwoofer Selection For Mountaineer

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by superman, Apr 20, 2004.

1. superman

superman Guest

I tried to get a 9500 MTX 10" sub through accomodations at Circuit City and we can't get them at all.
    So now I am asking for your recommendations. I have been in the mainstream retail world for too long and have been out of the loop. I want dual 4 ohm voice coils. The power handling should match this amp... http://bazooka.com/productAutoAmplifiersRS.asp?id=201
    I am looking for something that has great SQ but can get loud with the power I am giving it. I would like to stay under $350, but let me know if that is even possible. Thanks for your help!

2. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

If you want to stick with a 10" sandt38 can get you a brahma mkII for about $350.

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

It's 1 ohm stable? Why do you want to limit yourself to dual 4 ohm subs? You are looking at a 2 ohm load. Why not bang with 1 ohm and 800 watts.

Oh, I do the B10s for $340 shipped ;)

There is no better bang for your power and set spending limit IMHO.

4. oioismitty

oioismitty Full Member

Power @ 4 OHM 625 watts (RMS) x 1
    Power @ 2 OHM 924 watts (RMS) x 1

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

RSA800.1D
    Voltage .......10.5 -14 v
    Channels .....1
    Impedance...1 ohm (mono) stable

;)

6. oioismitty

oioismitty Full Member

well arn't you smart :stupid: :D :D

7. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

The Brahma 10 is a VERY nice sub, and outperforms many 12's (and some 15's). It is really great if you need a very small enclosure sub. But for the small difference in price, it is well worth it to jump up to the 12. That is if you can afford the space. But either way, I'm sure you will be happy.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

8. superman

superman Guest

Well I do like the sounds of the brahma 10" I did some reading and have confirmed that the amplifier is 1 ohm stable, so maybe a brahma is in my future? I want to stick with a 10 inch because of the width of the panel that is in the mountaineer that I will be customizing.