Help Selecting A Brahma

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by TheSSG, Jan 28, 2004.

1. TheSSG

TheSSG Full Member

One of these lame threads, but I figured we could use the traffic here.
    I wanna get a Brahma, haven't ever had the chance to hear one, but it seems promising. I have a Tsunami 1100dB which is 1100w @ 1ohm. I'm aiming mostly for SQ, so I was figuring a sealed box. I have a CRX, so I figured sealed would also be plently loud. BUT, in my CRX, for security purposes, I have a cargo cover, which gives me 14" vertical clearance. So, I was thinking of doing a forward/rear facing 12". But, then I was thinking of doing an upward facing 15, both would be sealed. The only problem with going with a 15 would be that if I want to do it ported, it'd bea little trickier, and I'm not sure how good of an idea firing any 1100watt brahma at a unsecured cover would be. Just wondering what some people with experience specifically with a Brahma thought.

Danke schön

2. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

I personally have ran that same exact set up

1 brahma 15" crossfire 1000D and a sealed box in my crx. I have found that 2.2 before displacment with that sub in a 91 crx, yields great out put and awesome SQ. If i were you i would Securly mount that lid though.. Double sided sticky tape or heck even screws.

Scott Stoner