Help Me Pick - Db1100 Or Axt 800.2

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by hobbes26, Oct 11, 2003.

1. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

So i'm be needing me a new sub amp and i'm able to afford one of these amps.
    only ~$20ca difference between the two, so price no matter

Right now, I have Kodas up front running off an MTX8302, shiva in the back

Planning for the future as well, but need something to work right now... (probably get a b12)

pros and cons:
    DB1100 - 1 yr warranty, and right now only 330Wrms at 4ohms but if i get b12 it's 1100Wrms at 1ohm, subsonic filter, remote gain

AXT800.2 - 2 yr warranty, 800W at 4ohms bridged, more versatile - i can use it for my kodas if i wanted to, and can also run the b12 with 800W at 4ohms

going crazy trying to decide

2. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

I'd take the AVI over the Tsunami. The Tsunami is a physically impressive looking amp. Very pretty. The avi is classy looking, too, though. With a better warranty, I'd go with it. The B12 can be tuned very low (I assume you're going for a sq tune), so the ssf isn't too much of a biggie. If you can detect the audible difference between the avi's 1000ish watts, and the Tsunami's 1100ish watts, you have better ears than damn near everyone on the planet. Avi all the way.

:)

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

330 on a Shiva is perfect. Plus, 1100 for a possible Brahma upgrade is more to my likeing as well. I like the tsunami's appearance also...

Luv, I see you say 1000 watts on the AVI, but isn't it 800?

4. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

It's 800W into 4ohms bridged

And i dont think it would be that much of a difference between 800W and 1100W... it gets plenty loud enough for my needs right now anyways...

i mean, i can use the Avionixx amp for the kodas, and have 425W from the MTX going to the shiva now... or keep using the mtx for the kodas (125W x 2) and avionixx 800W for the shiva....

5. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

I've read numerous accounts where Ben (Mr. ED) said it puts out 1000. I believe the Tsunami's do rated power.

6. mustatang

mustatang Full Member

It looks like Ed took away the info on their site and the Avionixx site doesn't have it, but IIRC.

DB1100 is rated at 14.4v - 1100@1ohm

AXT800.2 is rated at 12.5v - 800@4ohm

Just remember that the T technology won't do anything below 4ohm into one channel and 2ohm into 2 channels.

I'm sure you'll be fine with either one.

I think it really depends on the warranty issue and what kind of versitility you want being ohm or channel.

7. delvryboy

delvryboy Full Member

the avionixx produces it's rated power at 12.5V

the tsunami produces it's rated power at 13.6V

both of these figures are from both Ed's old website...and the manuals that shipped with the amps

a couple of my friends own the tsunami's...and thats whats in their manuals...the dealer that sells avionixx up the street showed me the avionixx manuals...there are also a few threads on SIN that state the tsunami 'seemed' to put out more power than the 800.2.....just some food for thought

8. mustatang

mustatang Full Member

aye my memory failed me 13.6v vs 14.4v :bash:

9. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

Okay... before I posted, I was all set to buy the Tsunami, but now I'm leaning towards the 800.2.....

I'm all set for buying it now...

but
    anyone know any other amps of about equal power and quality that I should consider and that I could get in Canada for ~450-500 total?

Thanks for the replies guys