Help me NOT start a fire.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Nevermind, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Nevermind

Nevermind Guest

now I just need to decide on better audio 1600m vs nine.1

yeah, i read the huge thread on it.

my only concerns are...
    1) Its a stock tacoma electrical system
    2) it will always BE a stock tacoma electrical system. I will not touch the battery, alt, or the factory wires. I'll probably add a cap if I need it. It is unlikely I will crank this sub often. Mostly just loud enough to blend nicely with the music, or just loud enough to blur my vision in some cases :)
    3) I have 4 gauge running to the rear with an ARC2100 to accompany the subs. I think the 1500watter would light it on fire, but
    that I'd be OK with the 1000watt Nine.1
    Running 2 or 0 gauge is not an option. The 4 Gauge is run, and I can't be running wires under the vehicle.

HOWEVER, the 1600m obviously has a 500watt advantage.

If even 1000 watts is too much for the system, the Nine.1 would be what.. 300 watts at 4ohm? But the 1600m would be 500 watts at 4ohm

So you see my predicament. Money isn't the factor here.

2. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

well... this is a tough question to answer. 4 Gauge is a bit small for a nine.1 and an ARC2100, and is WAY too small for a BA 1600M1 and an ARC2100. Im not sure why you want to buy an amp that puts out over 1000 watts if you refuse to change any of your electrical equiptment??? Seems kinda pointless to me.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

why not just get a BE sub as well??????

4. Nevermind

Nevermind Guest

i dunno. Looks like 500 class D watts is the best way to go. I think ill still get a Brahma with 500 watts tho... which is fine on 4 gauge.. I cant really modify the vehicle until warranty is over.

5. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

You'll be fine with a 500w class D and the 2100. I've got a DEI 600D (600w) and a 2100 with 4 gauge power and haven't had any problems.

6. Audio Nut

Audio Nut Full Member

why if u change the battery...and or the alt...the only thing the warranty will void...is the battery and the and alt...i mean...what i would do...is step up both....BUT make sure you cover your ass on all point of that electrical system...thats what im doin...i got a 2002 neon...

warranty is up in 2 yrs...imma extend it tho =)...

it isnt like the car will die...and they will blame it on the stereo...

if they do...they need to prove it...because thats agasint the law...thas what someone on termpro told me

7. trifle

trifle Full Member

yeah, especially the measly factory wires