help help help... thanks

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by confusedmagnum, Jun 16, 2006.

1. confusedmagnum

confusedmagnum Full Member

im a rookie, pls help.

my story:
    i own a 06 dodge magnum and im tryin to install an amp, i just dont know how to find the remote wire. its a stock deck.

my problem:
    i need some tips on how i find the remote wire. if not, which one it is exactly. i'm used to them being all blue, or isolated. in this case neither. thanks.

2. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

easiest way is run a wire from the positive terminal on your battery to it and inline rig a switch near the drivers seat. then whenever you want the subs on flip the switch and tada! SUBS!!!

3. confusedmagnum

thanks

huh, i was thinking of that.. i got 4ga wires tho, is there a special switch i can get for that?

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I might have an easier way. PAC makes a Line Out Converter that supplys a remote out when it detects a signal on the speakers. It works well. Check out the Trunk-LOC

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

lol you don't need a 4 gauge remote wire...16-18 gauge would do fine....but a line level converter would be prolly easier.

But it would be cool to just have a switch to turn on the amp tho...BUT YOU MAY FORGET TO TURN IT OFF AND DRAIN YOUR BATTERY!!!!

6. confusedmagnum

thanks.

thanks guys.. good suggestions.
    what is that Trunk-LOC? sounds interesting..

7. confusedmagnum

help again..

how do you do a 2 ohm setup? on a set of subs.

8. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Trunk-LOC is a Line Out Converter that also supplies a remote turn on. Most Factory radios do not have a remote turn-on for an aftermarket amp. So PAC cam out with the Trunk-LOC. When it detects a voltage on your speakers (all factory radios put a voltage on the speakers when ever the radio is on, regardless of volume), it supplies a remote 12 volts to turn on your amp.

Many installers use it with factory radios.

Check out the install directions
    http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/TRUNK-LOC.pdf

The red wire says Batt but it can be hooked to any constant source behind the radio.

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

It all depends on the sub and how many coils you have.