Help choosing amp & subs...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by BeemBeemBimmer, Aug 25, 2002.

1. BeemBeemBimmer

BeemBeemBimmer New Member

This is my first time ever building a sound system of my own and dont really know much so I need some help. I'm trying to go for an all Alpine system and so far I have a CDA-7894 HU, Type-X 5 1/4" components, Type-S 4" coaxials. Now I'm looking for an Alpine amp to power the components. Also, I wont need an amp for the coaxials since the HU has an internal 60Wx4 amp right? My last question is I'm planning to get two 12" Type-Rs, but dont know if I should get the 2ohm or 4ohm one, also I want to know what Alpine amp I should get to power the subs. I'm trying to get the best amps to power my speakers and subs to get the most out of my system...Anyone please help a newbie!!

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Any particular reason you are looking to go all Alpine? Have you gotten a chance or taken the time to look at and listen to other equipment?

3. BeemBeemBimmer

BeemBeemBimmer New Member

Yes I checked out other brands, but I'm not really trying to make the best sounding system or nothing. I just simply wanted to stick with one brand since I was kinda lazy and I guess I just like Alpine:)