Help a Newbie out

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by freak123, Apr 4, 2009.

1. freak123

freak123 Full Member

Hi,
    Looking for a little help putting in my first system. I have a reg cab F150 and am looking to put in a little system. Nothing ear shattering or anything I don't care how loud it is or how far away you can hear it. I want some added bass and mainly a nice clean sound. I want it to look factory as well. I've debated between 2 12's 2 10's or one of each. I'm thinking that 1 10 will probably be enough although I'm not sure. I want to still be able to put a little bit of stuff behind the seat as it is the only inside room I have. I considered put the tweeters under the headliner but was told that they should be close to the speaker. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

So far I'm looking at
    Pioneer Premier TS-W1007D2|D4 for subs although I might need to switch to the shallow mount
    Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS for the components
    Pioneer Premier PRS-D4200F for the amp
    still undecided on the deck but considering the Kenwood Excelon KDC-493

2. chrisduckman

chrisduckman Full Member

I as well am a newbie. Check out the thread under general discussion its named PIONEER???? I am also planning on building a pioneer system. For the head unit I have the Pioneer AVIC-F90BT, I went with the Premier TS-D720C for my componants. After talking to these guys I am on the fence about Pioneer subs and amps they recomended some good alternative combos that will power great together. If you do go ahead with the Pioneer sub let me know how it sounds. Please. and also are you planning on powering your componants with the 4 channel amp?

3. freak123

freak123 Full Member

Thanks I'll check that one out. I was planning on doing the components off two of the channels and bridging the other two for the sub.

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

if you will be planning to bridge the amp for running the subs then you'll have to make sure that you'll have a final load with the subs at 4ohms. how many subs will you be using?

if you'll just use one sub then you'll have to use a 2ohm dual voice coil.

Is there any particular reason you want to use all pioneer?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  5. freak123

freak123 Full Member

I want to try the one ten for now as I think that it will be sufficient. If not I can always add another one and an amp, trying to keep it simple for now. So the sub will be 2 ohm and wired in series. The only reason I'm thinking pioneer is that I've heard it in other people's rides and it sounded good and I have no experience with any other stuff. They are also in the price range that I like. Open to suggestions though.