Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kustomizingkid, Jan 16, 2007.

1. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Full Member

Hello everyone. My Car Audio knowledge is equivilent to that of a preschooler's. Thats a problem for me because anything I do to my cars has to be done right.

I never really new the difference bettwen a car with an ok sound system and an amazing one. I experienced a really nice sounding sytem when I got a chance to ride in a friends friends towncar. I couldn't beleive how good it sounded. All I know is I want that for my car. The problem is I don't know anything, so I am here to learn.

My current car is a 2000 CVPI, with an a radio I'm lucky to have that, but I want so much more.

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Welcome to the site

2000 CVPI??? sorry but i dunno what kinda vehicle this is??

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

welcome...yeah whats that?

4. kustomizingkid

Sorry, Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. I'm so used to just typing CVPI.

5. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

i smell 5x7's haha

6. pedro quiroga

sweet ride..i like the look of those.your alternator should be up to par thats for sure.

a friend at work had a used police caprice.also had 2 15" kicker solo barics running a giant 2000 watt amp.he had no probs with his lights dimming.so your good there.

also do you know what your speaker sizes are.
    LOL dave.i'm sure at least one set will be 5x7's

7. pedro quiroga

do you still have the plastic rear seats?and the cage?LOL

8. kustomizingkid

The rear seat is vynal, the cage lights computer and push bar are gone, but I do have spotlights. The stock alternator is a 160 amp unit I beleive.

The stock stereo is very basic. a radio conected to 4 speakers

Attached Files:

9. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

well my friend you have come to the right place. Let us know when you want to start building a system for the car because I am ready to jump on it when you are.

10. kustomizingkid

I want a a good sounding system, not all bass like most of my friends have. I'm really not all that interested in subs unless they are well balanced with everything else.

I listen to mostly rock, jazz, some techno and some rap. I just want it to sound good and be able to turn it up to deafening levels.

11. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

everyone wants a sub.. some just don't know it yet.

12. kustomizingkid

I'm sure I wouldn't mind it, if it didn't sound like all the ones I've heard. Where all you hear is bass and the rest of the music is overpowered. Or like my friends camaro where if you turn the subs off all the rest of the speakers crackle....

13. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

thats what happens when you only invest in subs and forget everything else. What kind of budget are you talking about and I will start building a sample system for that car.

14. pedro quiroga

yes i agree with dave.you need a sub to balance out the sound.

maybe an 8 or a 10 in the right box will give you just enough bass so you dont overpower the rest of the speakers.

you can also get a remote sub vol knob and have the best of both worlds.

15. kustomizingkid

I'm not really sure about a budget yet. I don't think I will do everything at once. At least I want to get a new head unit first and just hook it up to the stock speakers, then upgrage the speakers and everything things else all at once.

If I had to have a budget i would say $1000 or less.

16. pedro quiroga

thats a good start.start with the right head though.dont settle for anything less than what you want.

how much do you have for a head?

17. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

since you are starting with going off the HU first then upgrading. I would suggest either a Pioneer or Kenwood headunit to start you off. What kind of money you want to shell out for the headunit and I will look around for ya.

18. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

19. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Trust me...you'll WANT a sub soon. I got my dad to even let me put a sub in his silverado. He thought that subs were only for boom boom bass. Then I let him listen to my truck with my system playing a few of his cd's. He loves it. The kick drums and bass guitars are just brought out.

Your friends systems, sorry to say, most likey suck balls and they don't know what they are doing. I'm guessing something like "hey man you need to turn your gain and bass boost up to get the most power outta your amp man"

What they have is crappy muddy bass and nothing near a full clean sound.

That crackle??? prolly bad bad sounding distortion lol

20. pedro quiroga

or fried tweets,or both