Has anyone tried the Hitron HB-2?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by wild-bill, Aug 16, 2010.

1. wild-bill

wild-bill Full Member

I'm looking to get a Digital Bass Reconstruction Processor. I'm considering this model 'cause it has the bass level AND subsonic on the dash remote. And it's only $45 at Sonic Electronix. There are 4 reviews on it, and all 4 are happy with it. The reason for needing a bass processor is I listen to alot of music from the 60s, 70s, and 80s that is lacking in ultra low bass freqs. Right now I record CDs with the 31 and 62Hz on the EQ boosted considerably. This helps alot, but will a processor of this type do better than my EQ'd CDs? Or should I just stick to what I'm doing now? As far as being able to process FM radio-the only radio l listen to is ball games on AM.

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I don't think Hitron makes a quality product from what I have heard.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

ive never heard of a quality hitron product either. i have an audiocontrol epic 160 and man it does its job well.

i know soundstream, phoenix gold and power acoustik has similar products, but im not sure you can defeat the processor when you don't need it.

4. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

is there anyway he could use a toggle switch on the remote wire? Or would that not allow any sound. I don't know. I don't have any experience with processors

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i think it would turn off and not allow sound to pass thru.

6. ericj

ericj Full Member

Audiocontrol Epic 160. I think I've just convinced myself I want one of those. :D