Grrrr Damnit...Opinions People...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by AbRaKaDaVa, Oct 5, 2002.

1. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

I know I said that I was going to buy a 9515...but I really don't know if I want to...

I was really looking foward to that rear deck install...It would sound so clean and look so nice... :(

So I don't know what to do here...

Should I get a trio of 12's (probably E12k's) and install them in/under my rear deck...

Or

Should I get the 9515 and continue to put up with trunk rattle etc etc...

What would you do?

2. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Hmm. thats a tough call. Personally I am getting really tired of my trunk rattling like hell. But a DD9515 is an awsome sub. Would you mind loosing your backseat and somehow putting the DD9515 where the seat used to be? Probably not the saftest thing to have a sub like that in plain view. Desicions desicions.

3. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

well I like the DD's, awsome subs. But I think a trio of e12k's would POUND. I would probably go with the trio.

4. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

Hmmm...

Keep in mind the K's will be sealed...the 9515 would be ported and tuned to like 28-30hz

But at the same time, the 9515 would be fighting the gastank, sheet metal, and rear seats...the K's would be mounted directly under the rear deck which will be about 80% grille cloth when I'm done with it...not to mention basicly sealed off from the rest of the trunk

5. kbog

kbog Full Member

Now that I've heard what a single e12k can do....go with the trio. Scary thought. Not as scay as you're avatar and sig though.... :blink:

6. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

That's more what I'm leaning to anyhow... :D

Arn't zombies great? I just love the living dead B)

7. Griff

Griff Guest

Personally, I am a fan of the Black ED's, and i dont think there performance would be too Gray in comparason with the 9515, its just a case of which one you would like, or what would look more impressive. I think the trio will make people Orange with envy :p

8. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I would think an inverted DD9515 would be pretty impressive too. but then again rattling never really impresses people...

9. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

LoL

I've got nobody to impress :(

The K's will be completly 100% hidden anyways...

Hmmm....I think I'm gonna go with the K's :)

10. stacy532

stacy532 Full Member

that re xxx does not intrest you? the 9515 has a bigger brother the 9915 has it come out yet? :dunno:

11. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

yea, but abra dont got the bling bling needed to afford a 9915

12. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

The XXX doesn't really intrest me....the 9915 is a SPL Only beast type sub I believe and I can't afford any of that anyway...

I have 350, I was going to buy Joel's 9515 but eh...screw it...E12k's it is :D

13. bigsexxxy69

bigsexxxy69 Full Member

The XXX doesn't really intrest me....the 9915 is a SPL Only beast type sub I believe and I can't afford any of that anyway...

I have 350, I was going to buy Joel's 9515 but eh...screw it...E12k's it is :D[/b][/quote]
    Hater :eek: j/k I dont think youd be disappointed either way

14. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

How much are the e12k's?

15. PointSource

PointSource Guest

front stage install

unless you want to be an annoying block rocker that is............with all bass and no other sound.......