Got a big problem

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by cccullen, Feb 19, 2008.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Like a dumbass that i am. I did something real STUPID. My luck.. This is my huge problem.... I got a kicker L5 15" and i just realized it's dual 4ohm. My soundstream amp is only bridgeable at 4ohm @ 880watts. GRRRRR, you can't wire a DVC 4 ohm into 4 ohms! previously i was gonna get 2 12" cvr's at 4ohms so it didn't register in my stupid head that i'd have to get a kicker L5 at 2ohms to wire it into 4ohms.

WTF am i gonna do now? I ordered it all already. Any ideas??? sh*t!

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

if it hasn't shipped yet I'd call the place and see if you can correct the problem?

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

None of it has been shipped yet. I emailed the guy with the L5 to see if he has 2ohm DVC and he doesn't. So now, I'm going to have to cancel the amp order and i'll probably just go with Hifonics instead. sh*t..

4. luckydawg003

luckydawg003 Full Member

Ya same thing happened to me. I ordered 2 kicker cvr's in 2 ohm dvc. But I forgot my amp was only stable at 2 ohm bridged or 4 ohm stereo. So when I got my subs I sent them back to Kicker and exchanged them for the 4 ohm dvc ones. P.I.T.A. I had to pay shipping twice lol. But it all worked out in the end. Good luck

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Thanks. I'm trying to cancel my amp order now and i did give them instructions not to ship it out until the Feb. 26. I hope i won't get stuck with them, I'm waiting for their reply to my email.

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

the place where i bought the amps are dicking me around now. They said that had already shipped the items. I gave them specific instructions not to ship the items until Feb. 26... Looks like i'm going to have to give them a call. I hate it when i get screwed around with.