Gonna buy a Bramha... or not?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jstutman, Oct 19, 2002.

1. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

hey guys after reading everyones opinion. i guess this is the sub to get. now here follows are questions

1. bramha? do i buy it or not? anything better?

2. what amp?

3. are boss amps any good, they looks extremly powerful.

any other thoughts or comments you may have. thanks

2. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

The brahma is pretty much the best sub that you can get for a mix

of awesome sq/spl. some subs get louder, and some sound better, but

there arent many imo that can do both as well. not for the price at

least. as for the boss amps, they are crap. Look at the jbl 1200's, adire

audio revolution etc......

jeff

3. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

Boss may very well make the #1 worst piece of crap amplifier on the face of the planet. If I had a boss amp right now, I would fill it dog urine, deficate on it, strap a pipe bomb to it, and videotape myself blowing it up so I can watch it over and over.

Just my opinion..... others may disagree :rolleyes:

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Boss may very well make the #1 worst piece of crap amplifier on the face of the planet. If I had a boss amp right now, I would fill it dog urine, deficate on it, strap a pipe bomb to it, and videotape myself blowing it up so I can watch it over and over.

Just my opinion..... others may disagree :rolleyes:[/b][/quote]
    that is false

there are alot other amps that are worse than boss

legacy, prymid, pyle, dhd, to name a few

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

ohh and you should read the "brahma update" thread

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Pimp is right on everything, but the 1200.1. I just don't like that amp. I would reccomend the Cadence Z7000, or A7HC, Autotec's XS1500.1 (here) Hiphonics XI-Zeus or XI-Collosis High Power. I also know of some people using the Visonic class D and saying it is nice (sundownz for 1).

7. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

Ok so the subs seam a bad choice right now until; they get there act together. what is the next reccomended sub? i will want either 1 15" or 2 12" i prefer two 12" thanks

oh yeah new amp wont bother me either. since well u know cadence :(

sandt your right about cadence. i love the z9000. how about selling me your sub and amp :D

Last edited by jstutman at Oct 20 2002, 10:52 PM

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Adire has their shit together. Brian has been known to pull that (from what I've heard by other forum members) but Dan is A-1. No worries. I'll pull a thread by a guy at CAF who sent a Shiva in admitting it was his fault and the results. No fear.

I have a Z7000HC, the powerhouse, not the Z9000. As for the sub, buy Adire direct. For the Cadence amps, Feel free to contact me ;) .

9. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Well, CAF is down right now, but when it comes back up, I will be sure to pull that thread up...

10. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I would also like to point out that our Better Audio amps are going to be coming out very very soon... already put in the order for the initial run!

Our amps will be 1500 RMS (and with our prototype, we actually burned the anodization off the voice coils on a Brahma, so.. it's a little underrated! :D), have a subsonic filter, remote gain control, built in crossover, etc...
    And I think they look pretty damn cool.. a clear anodization (slightly polished aluminum color).

Not to mention, I believe we will be doing a preorder special on them..
    No final word yet on price, but I wouldn't be surprised if we would even be beating the JBL 1200.1 price for the preorder...
    It's definitely going to be a highly cost effective option!

And by the time our first amp is available, we will have info posted on our first line of subs as well, what they are, what they will do, and why you will want one.. B)

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

nothing like the taste of spam in the morning :D

you know geo, I could create a "officale Better audio Forum" :D

and I offer adverstised packages CHEAP for here :D

12. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

thats too funny. hope you have good customer service :)
    michael sure does. :D

13. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Can we see a final prototype of that amp? I know you have no CA design background and it is most likely horrible, but lets see it anyways :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. JSGolf

JSGolf New Member

Kicker...amps and woofers...there is nothing better.