Gmail Invite

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by AustinKP, Aug 23, 2004.

1. AustinKP

AustinKP Full Member

I just got an extra gmail invite if anyone is interested.

Hint: Basically the first person who asks will get it... PM me :)

2. AustinKP

AustinKP Full Member

Looks like Hobbes is the lucky winner of the day! :robot:
    I just did the robot because he's awesome.

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

What is a Gmail? Sorry, but us old farts are a bit out of the loop...

4. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Don't feel too bad....even a youngun like myself doesnt have a clue as to what it is.

5. texcon

texcon Full Member

Gmail = Google's email accounts - you have 1 gig storage limits. Main catch is that Google sends you spam.

6. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

Yahoo! Mail gives 100mb for free with no spam...thats good enough for my use...
    -Cody

7. texcon

texcon Full Member

Yeah, 100 megs is more than enough for most anyone. 1 gig is insane.

8. texcon

texcon Full Member

BTW Polk, I noticed you live in Sinton, TX - what major city is Sinton located?

9. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

Gmail (i think) doesn't send you spam at all..... there will be a sidebar showing advertisements based on the content in your email....

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

hehehehe I got Unlimited Email Accounts, Under 15 Domain Names, With More or Less unlimited Storage

Gmail == blah blah blah :lol:

11. texcon

texcon Full Member

Michael, you are such a bad ass.

12. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

its 40 minutes north of corpus christi...right now im living at college station though
    -Cody

13. texcon

texcon Full Member

So you go to A&M I assume. If you are ever in the Houston area, let me know and we can throw down a few brews, or sodas if that's your thing.

14. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

sounds good...
    what good car audio places are in houston and what do they sell?
    im looking for dls but their website says the only place in texas is in austin or seguin
    and yea...im a freshman at a&m
    -Cody

15. texcon

texcon Full Member

There are tons of places in Houston to get equipment - in fact, there are a few places in Woodlands that sell stuff (I am talking private shops, not mega stores). If places like Car Toys and Mobile One are your type, there are those in the Woodlands as well. What are you looking for?

16. AustinKP

AustinKP Full Member

Wow...lot has happened since the last time I was here yesterday...
    First of all, like someone said, no spam from google. Just text-based ads on the right that you don't really notice. Just like their ads on the right when you do a google search.

Second, ONE GIGA-Freaking-BYTE of storage space! Dang!

Third, supposedly, an excellent spam filter. I haven't tested this much, since I just use my hotmail for spam stuff now.

Fourth, since you have 1 GB, you never have to delete emails. Just archive them and they disappear from view. But you can search for keywords in any email to find anything quickly! No other email program does this, no matter how much storage or how free your email is :) (OK, this may not be true...)This is the main reason I really like gmail. Plus, since it's so new, you can get pretty much any email address you like instead of akpetersenster153234@yahoo.com.

17. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Oh yeah I remember this...

Its the email that gives you as tons of storage in return for allowing them to have all of your emails. You cannot delete them and they have the right to read them. They decide when the email is to be deleted.

Sorry, I think I will pass. I know how to save whatever is in my email and I dont need online storage.

18. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

Boy that sounds like a crock of shit to me.

19. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

some people put too tooooooooooo must trust in

1> The Government
    2> Big Business
    3> The Government
    4> Big Business

Hey did I say the Government or Big Business????

20. AustinKP

AustinKP Full Member

Incorrect!
    First: In the privacy agreement, they agree not to read any of my emails, etc. They would have no more motive to read any of your emails than yahoo, hotmail, or any other email provider. Unless you run your very own email server off your own computer, ANY ISP can read any of your emails, regardless if it is web-based or not, so that is a moot point.
    Second: You can delete any of your emails at any time. None will be deleted until YOU delete them. This part works like any other webmail.