Get your Own Web Page

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Aug 22, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Anyone Interrested in getting a hosting account with me?

http://xtreme-web-design.com/index.php?x=shared

I am working on a Plan, for Cat Member to have their own, small personall account soon as well

anyone interested at all?

I will be offering you a custom domain name, a 5 page design of your choice(more pages can be added simply), 2 email accounts, etc

Probally be under $3/mo, or about $30/yr for the Hosting of the site

and probabbly like $50 for the design, or you can design your own and just pay hosting

2. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

If i had an idea for a site i'd do it...but i don't <_< .

In any case, $30/yr for hosting is a steal.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well today was a long boring day at work so I have had some time to think about a few things

and I may write a "cookie cutter" design, where you will have your choice of 4-5 templates, and then just add in html and the template will "wrap" around your text

simliar to SD's member pages but ALOT better and more of a "custom" look that they allow

understand that $30 per year will probally get you about 75MB of Disk Space, and 750MB-1GB of Monthly transfer, but for a small 1-5page site that is plently,

Hell this site, s4s, XWD, and my Dads new Truckers site (www.pulloverusa.com) only take up 250MB of disk space, and about 1.5GB of transfer per month

Plus the $50 design fee is very loose

If i go through with the "cookie cutter" idea, I will problly charge $10/yr for the use of my program, and then $15(maybe less) for the domain name should you choose to get a unique name.

But I will prablly buy a new name just for this program, I have a few names picked out but I dont want to release them publicly until I buy them up :lmfao:

I may even try and offer this to CAF members, but I have to find a way to do it with out "spamming" :D

4. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Oh god forbid we spam CAF... ;)

5. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

i think i would be interested. let me know whats up michael

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

it is getting there, but it may be another month before I can start selling pages...

I am in the process of moving all 4 sites to my new server, and transfering all my names to one resigation account, which is time consuming

and then I am working on a Few perposal, and mokeup sites for a couple of potental Cleints

so it is taking long than I expected to get this little progect off the ground