Fuse Help

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by tepa13kreeper, Aug 25, 2008.

1. tepa13kreeper

tepa13kreeper Full Member

WHAT SIZE FUSE SHOULD I RUN AT THE BATTERY? I KEEP BLOWING IT IM RUNNING 2 AMPS ONE IS JL AUDIO 300/4 AND HE OTHER IS A HIFONICS BRUTUS 2000w BX2005D THE CABLE IS 4 GAGE

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

first i would say u need bigger cable, more like 0 guage, and add up all the fuses on the amps and that will be your size fuse in amps.

3. tepa13kreeper

what fuses at the amp??? i dont realy know much about this its my first car and first system

4. jonnyv713

there should be a few fuses on the side of each amp.

5. tepa13kreeper

ok ill check it out and put some pictures to make sure im adding up the right ones

6. jonnyv713

guys is that the Hifonics with no fuses on it or was thast the 1606 or whatever it is?

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

there are still fuses but they are in the inside of the amp.

8. jonnyv713

stumped lol. u need to find the fuse rating then on like sonic or in the spec sheet that goes with the amp.

9. tepa13kreeper

damn all this stuff is real complicated if u just took a guess what size fuse would u run?

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I'm thinking if you use a 150amp fuse at the battery you should be ok. with that kind of power you should upgrade your wires to at least 2ga. wires. what size fuse are you using now?

11. tepa13kreeper

i think it was 100a

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

you'll probably blow a 100a fuse. what i did was look at other amps. I know that my hifonics 6406 ran with a 60amp fuse. basically the same power as your JL. and my elemental 9.1 uses 90a total worth of fuses. my nine.1 puts out about 1400 watts. so total is about 150. I'd just stick with the 150. you'll be fine.

13. tepa13kreeper

alright thank you for all the help

14. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i posted a reply to this in your other post before i read this. i would say 150 is fine too.