Friend needs a system

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Civic96, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

My friend is looking forward to putting subs in the trunk of his 2000 integra and asked for my help b/c he does not know much about car audio.

We are thinking about $600 limit

1. 2 10's( cant be Kicker Comp vr since I have them)
    2. Assuming it will be a 600W amp to power the 2 10's
    3. A sealed box

We will most likely get a subzone box so that is not a problem and most likely a Hifonics Zeus Z6000 amp.

What subs should we go for? The amp is also up for debate and we will most likely try to find one used.

2. Alan

Alan Full Member

Infinity Perfects would do nicely. People are obviously going to reccomend elemental designs to you... Adire doesn't make a 10" driver, so you're okay there..... I don't know what the DD subs take on the power side of the spectrum, but those would get plenty noisy and i do believe they make a 10" driver. And to stay on the cheap end of things, a jbl 600.1 and ESPECIALLY if he doesn't mind having used equipment..... I got a used 300.1 on ebay for 50 bucks, so you can see how cheap you might have that 600.1 for.....
    There's nothing wrong with not spending the whole 600..... then he can upgrade his stage too. B)
    P.S. If you wanna go really cheap....... I have a pair of 10" pioneer subs, used, but in mint condition. They are actually really old, the ones with the diamond plate design on the cone, but i'd let em go for 50 bucks ;)

3. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

we will skip your offer :)
    We need to get a new Head Unit but I dont think that will go into the 600 dollars.
    He wanted the Alpine 7893 but since I have it..............lol.........he cant get it.

We may settle for an 840mp or something pioneer or maybe a 930.
    We will see.......

4. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I have been thinking about ditching the armageddons for some Perfects and moving to sq. If you order form Crutchfeild you get the sub and a box for $249. The box is supposedly free. I dont know how good the boxes and the price are though.

5. Alan

Alan Full Member

I build my own boxes........ I think the hardest part about it is covering it...... Otherwise its pretty simple. I think the perfects are rated at 300W each, so really, that should be a good match for your hifonics amp. And im glad you skipped my offer, i didn't want to sell them to you anyway! :lol:

6. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

How does a E10k compare with a 10" Kicker Comp Vr?
    is 1.1 cu. ft too big of a sealed box for these?
    We were looking at the product website adn they reccomended a .5 but Justin reviewed the 12 inch driver and he said that the sub sounded amazing in a 1.5 cu. ft box. I could imagine that a 10 inch driver would be amazing someplace in the low 1's

7. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I imagine the SQ in that size box would be very nice. Try to catch up with ben (kaosmoon) and see what he thinks. I know he hangs out alot on soundillusions.net and lurks over at caraudioplanet.com.

Oh and, from what i can gather, the e12k is a much better sub.

8. Justin W

Justin W Full Member

FYI - my review was of the 12" A series and I was going for ultra SQ... ie: low Qtc. Came out right about .6...

So I'm not sure what this has to do with a E10K... I'd think that you could get away with a much smaller enclosure and still sound very good with the E10K...

But why not go with 600W on a ported 12? There's some great 12" drivers out there now that will literally tear it up with 600W...

Good output, less space, simpler... more impressive... plus one-sub systems are dope. ;) Just a thought...