Fosgate 500bd or Phoenix Gold QX 500.1D

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Aoshi112, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Aoshi112

Aoshi112 Guest

I've debating whether or not to purchase one of these amps to power my JL 12W3v2. It's a D4 coil so i need to run it at 2 ohms and i liked the way the 500bd bumped my sub when i threw it in my friends trunk. He had the 500bd and it was hittin great. Now my question is should i save money and get the Phoenix gold QX 500.1d? Will the Phoenix Gold bump just as well or is there a big noticeable difference? I was quoted 260 at a shop for the Phoenix Gold and the Fosgate was bout 325. I was wondering which amp to go with and your opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Aoshi112

Aoshi112 Guest

Anyone???? :unsure:

3. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

bd500.1, fo fo sho!

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PG over RF anyday

5. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I agree w/ mike....they might be in the same class as far as power is concerned, but not in quality.

6. Aoshi112

Aoshi112 Guest

I know PG makes dope stuff, but the QX is the bottom line and the BD is RF's Top of the line. Someone told me that PG's QX line is made in taiwan and thats bad. Is that true?

7. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I didn't realize that RF had different levels of quality. BD is just the class of amp...a sub amp.

8. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

no, the BD 500.1 is their Power Series, not the Punch Series. Better crossovers, supposidly better build quality. And, yes, the QX line is PG's base-line.