Fords dont like me

Discussion in 'Car Repair' started by beaux, Sep 2, 2002.

1. beaux

beaux Full Member

I've owned two fords in my list of vehicles i've been through. A ford Ranger and currently a ford Bronco II.

The ranger blew up on me. Kept breaking rear U-joints. Spent the most of my driving time in 4 wheel drive with only my front wheels pulling.

And the Bronco II keeps breaking flywheels. Been through 4 in the past year.

FORD SUCKS

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

buy a t-bird

you will change yur mind

3. beaux

beaux Full Member

Even if i do get a t-bird.....that still leaves 2/3 bad experiences.
    Also....unlike chevy...ford parts rarely interchange.
    Ford sucks

Chevy on the other hand......
    I borrowed a Malibu for two months after having my license
    I've owned a Chevy S-10 Blazer
    And also currently an El Camino
    All were a pleasure to drive. And extremely reliable

My dad drove a 1/2 chevy pickup for YEARs before he bought his Dodge. The only time he had it in the shop was when he took it to have the oil changed. The Dodge that replaced it is legally a Lemon. Been in shop 16 times in the last two years. Replacement pending on the Dodge.

I also have to tip my hat to Toyota. My little cousin puts his little toyota pickup through pure hell and the 22R motor just keeps taking it. My little brother also drives a toyota pickup with a 22R. The body had completely fell apart but the motor is like a clock...it doesn't miss a beat. The motor is currently in the 3rd pickup in its lifetime

:ak47: FORD

Last edited by beaux at Sep 3 2002, 06:59 AM

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

all in the USER

unless you bought all your ford BRAND NEW or ALMOST new you dont know what they went through

espcailly trucks.................

as for the toyotas, other than the fact they are too small, my dad had on years ago that did the same thing, he had to junk it because the floors were gone....

we called it the "flinstone car" :lol:

but My dad has had a ford truck that went over 300K orginal miles on it......

through 3 trannys (all used tranny that is why so many) and I still think it is used as a yard truck at the junk yard it went to

I have had 3 Thunderbirds, with no major problems (other than the recalled Head Gaskets)

as far as part changes.....

what do you mean?

Chevy is no more interchangable than ford.......

5. beaux

beaux Full Member

You can take any chevy transmition and mount it to any chevy motor. Big block, small block, ect. Starters, ect..... When buying flywheels for my bronco....i learned that ford made like 5 different flywheels for my bronco.. Also...there are two different style factory starters.

Maybe its just my hatred for ford.
    I've never had any luck. neither have my friends.

And about the toyota floor that rotted in your dads truck.....the body may have given out....but i'm willing to bet that the motor still ran like a clock.

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I know it did..

that was my point, the SAME thing happend, eng ran good, butbody was shot.......

anyway, you dont have a V8 in your Bronco do you??

if not that is why

you look at GM small eng, you will find the same thing.........

7. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Thats what you get for buying a ford in the first place........all the rumors are true.
    Buy an import....cant lose!

8. beaux

beaux Full Member

GRRRRRR WE ARE ABOUT TO FIGHT!!!!! LOL

9. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Imports are gorgeous inside an out.
    I cant say that American cars have "nice: interiors and ok-good styling.
    Nothing comparable to imports, including European cars.
    I sat in a mustang and was quiet dissapointed....my civic is so much nicer inside and feels a lot more fun to ride. And my civic has more space in the back seats for myself and Britney.

Civic this Civic that.......for its price you cant beat it.

10. beaux

beaux Full Member

I'm a real domestic oriented guy. I love GM products.

I've riden in plenty Civics...who hasn't. And i'm not truely impressed.
    I'm not against imports....but i support domestics. I like the sound of a
    Chevy V8. I like the availability of parts. I like knowing my vehicle was made in the US. To everyone else...that may not mean a damn thing...but to me its a little important. Although its not everything....i would drive an import...but if i had a choice between a 2000 civic and a 91 Chevy Malibu or mid 90's impala...i'd take the chevy. And as for the "nicer" interior's. I dont know if i agree with that completely. My mom has a 2000 Olds Intrique...and the interior is very comfortable. My grandparents drive a 2002 Escalade. WOW!!! This thing drives itself....all you do is hold on.

I'm not OEJ...I'm not an import hater. I just prefer......

Whether i support imports or not...i just have to give them a pat on the back for what they have done with 4 cylinders. The gas mileage is more than great and it may not be the most powerful motors...they have a good deal of spunk.

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Actually, the GM 3800 is one of the most bullet proof around
    4.3s are right there, 3.1s are great except for intake manifold leaks too.

Jeep 4.0 are bulletproof, No problems with 3.0s, 3.3s or any other 6s either.

Ford has had some serious issues with their 6s for a long time, except the 4.9, which is history. Their 4.6 overhead cam engines are developing pattern camshaft lockup and breakage as well. Ford is really dropping in quality, engine wise as well as electrical.

12. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

No doubt here civic, Honda makes the best damn cars out there today. But the Accord, the best car on the road, is made almost entirely in the US. Forget the import stigma, Honda is quite domestic.

13. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Actually, the GM 3800 is one of the most bullet proof around
    4.3s are right there, 3.1s are great except for intake manifold leaks too.

Jeep 4.0 are bulletproof, No problems with 3.0s, 3.3s or any other 6s either.

Ford has had some serious issues with their 6s for a long time, except the 4.9, which is history. Their 4.6 overhead cam engines are developing pattern camshaft lockup and breakage as well. Ford is really dropping in quality, engine wise as well as electrical.[/b][/quote]
    who said anything about "buttleproff"

he was talking about swapping parts....................

I have a 3.8l ford and I love it, no problems aside from the Recalled head gaskets,

and the 4.6 is a V8 not a v6

14. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Yes but the designs were not made in America. I trust American hands just no their heads :D

15. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Many GMs have swappable parts, most Fords do not. Do you have any idea how many differant parts ford has for DPFE sensors? They are only on V engines, from 1996 and newer and there are literaly thousands of part #s for it. The same car line, and year (even Mfg #s say 88 and 89) may have 2 different numbers, simply due to factory tire size (this would be different for optional alloy wheels compared to say steel wheels). That sensor is only there to measure how much the EGR is flowing. That is pitiful.

Recalled for head gaaskets? Isn't that enough. Isn't it even more to know the second set woln't last as long as the first?

I know the 4.6s are 8s. I was refering to the fact that even their 8s blow goats now, not just their smaller engines...

Buy GM or buy Honda. That is all....

16. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Many GMs have swappable parts, most Fords do not. Do you have any idea how many differant parts ford has for DPFE sensors? They are only on V engines, from 1996 and newer and there are literaly thousands of part #s for it. The same car line, and year (even Mfg #s say 88 and 89) may have 2 different numbers, simply due to factory tire size (this would be different for optional alloy wheels compared to say steel wheels). That sensor is only there to measure how much the EGR is flowing. That is pitiful.

Recalled for head gaaskets? Isn't that enough. Isn't it even more to know the second set woln't last as long as the first?

I know the 4.6s are 8s. I was refering to the fact that even their 8s blow goats now, not just their smaller engines...

Buy GM or buy Honda. That is all....[/b][/quote]
    your ful of it

I had the Head gaskets replaced at 45-50K miles, now the car has like 95K and no problems

stop bashing ford just because your a GM guy, there is no reason for it

17. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

see you in the shop at 120K mike ;) .

I'm stating the facts man, I don't like Chrysler either, but they are far ahead of Ford (from my perspective). Remember Mike, I see the reasons behind the recalls, I see the pattern failures, and their cost to the public. I see things that would make most people cringe at the thought or buying 90% of the cars on the road. I speak the truth.

I believe in buying American, but I'm sorry, my wife and child are going to ride around in a highly reliable vehicle. She drives a Nissan PU (she wanted a red PU, ok? Also, untill 2000 I wouldn't have put her in a GM Vortec engine pickup). If She wanted a car, she'd be in a Honda Accord, or a 3800 GM powered car. Period.

I work with 2 die hard ford guys, Guess what both their wifes drive? GM. 1 drives a 3.1L Lumina, the other drives a 3800 Bonneville. If you ask either of them why, they'll both say they want their woman in a reliable car.

I just try to be honest Mike, I will bash a product sometimes, When I say hondas are good cars you can rest assured I am being honest, and the bullshit has stopped. Sometimes a statement requires a serious responce, when it does, the BS stops from me.

18. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well I will see you at 120K, buy I dotn go to shop

I do it myself

I wont buy a car I can not fix myself

the only reason the shop did the head gaskets was because of the recall///

if they go out again, I will do it myself (except the machine work)

19. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

My 84 sunbird has been reliable, of course its only got 62K on it though... I know someone with a sunbrid like mine except it was the turbo verison. Its got near 200k miles on it, and the turbo's burnt out!

20. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Surprising it lasted that long. Those little engines had alot of problems. Very hard to find too. Yours has an Iron Duke in it. Stout engine. If you maintain it it will go forever.