For Those Of You With Access To 12" Bramhas

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by PolkMM, Jul 14, 2004.

1. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

im building a box very soon for a couple of 12" bramhas...actually...itll be 2 seperate boxes
    im working with very limited space here so can someone please get me 2 dimensions
    from looking at the adire site, the overall diameter is 12.3125"
    can someone please tell me what the length is from the edge of the magnet to the edge of the surround(Where the screw holes are)
    that, and the diameter of the magnet
    thanks to anyone that can get that for me...i REALLY appreciate it...going to try and start building this weekend
    -Cody

2. TheSSG

TheSSG Full Member

There's a picture that correspponds to those numbers....

But it looks like it's gone.....

ADire got rid of a lot of the cool pictures and charts they used to have...... :(

Hope they put them back on the site.

Btw, I have a copy of the picture w/ dimension son my comp, if you PM me your E-mail, I could probably get around to E-mailing it to you.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

if you ask any adire customer what their biggest complaint it, they will tell you THE WEB SITE ;) Even though Steven will come on here next and tell me I am wrong,

which I could be, but you know .................. AM NOT :p

4. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

thats where i got the overall diameter, but it does not have the magnet diameter...unless it is the same size as the motor diametere???
    and i agree michael, they used to have a bunch of charts that i was going to come back and look at...mainly the one that has how big a box you need for what power to reach maximum excursion...and its gone :angry:
    TheSSG--you have a PM
    -Cody

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

It is ;)

I believe the power/size chart is in the Technical section... I'll look in a sec.

6. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Your wrong. :p

But seriously, our website was designed the way it is for a reason. It is to be much more simple to navigate, and put all the information our customers would need in downloadable and easily printable Acrobat files. There were also other reasons I can't mention. But I feel it does it's job very well. Remember that we aren't your typical stereo company. We do a great deal of OEM design and building, and our website must fit those needs as well. To be honest, I account most of the "complaints" we heard as human natures not liking change. We would have heard complaints no matter what we did. But those peole who we did it for (OEM clients, dealers, and customers) have all had positive things to say about the new site. So a few complaints from people online really don't warrant another redesign.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

You will always get complaints, that is a Given, you can please Some of the people Some ot that time .... blah blah blah you know the rest

However I think you guys , adire, really fail to see the importance of the web site, it is not just the content, Plus putting all the Info into PDF is Good and Bad, Personally the Better whay it to have BOTH... why not,

you can do anything with web sites, Hell I can make something to will take the PDF files, READ them and then output it in HTML... so the users dont need extra programs to view things (not all customers have pdf)

and what about those still ong dial up, PDF is a "bloat" file format, meaning while it is diverse it produces excessivly large files, thus increases

1> Bandwidth Usage and over all Cost of operating the Web site
    2> Increases Customer download times..

the Simple part is the way to go, next thing is the PROFESSIONAL part, hell even if you bought a $15 web template from any number of template sites it would be a step in the better direction...

Right now, if I did not know adire Rep, I would not trust them with anything based on the site, whether it was Large OEM Design Contract or $150 for a Shiva

But that is my opinion

8. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

thanks seth...and i really can spell diameter ;)
    i didnt notice until i saw the quote
    michael,
    i agree with having them in both PDF and regular HTML
    until about a month ago...my computer was very crappy...i could not download and acrobat formats
    i have a new one now...but it wouldve been nice to look up the stuff at home instead of at school
    on the other hand, my modem connects at a whopping 28.8...on a good day...but all of adire's pdf files load very quickly...a lot quicker than i expected
    -Cody

9. mustatang

mustatang Full Member

I'm definitely having a hard time pointing friends towards the new website. Not only is it more difficult to navigate, but IMO it is ugly. :)

I send everyone to Acoustic Visions instead. :)

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

should be sending them to Sound Foundations ;)