Folded Slot Port...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Ufdah, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Ufdah

Ufdah Full Member

Hey guys, I've got a Brahma 10" and it's in a Sealed .6 ft^3 box right now with approx 1400W. The SQ is absolutely amazing and tight but I'm not very happy with the SPL that I'm getting, just barely 120dB, so I'm taking KangJamez advice and going ported.

I'm figuring approx. 1ft^3 tuned to 30Hz, 12in^2 port area at 33" long. I am a little cramped for space hence the 1ft^3 max, it's going under the back seat of my Sierra extended cab.

Does folding the port like I did in Figure A cause any wierd anomolies or can I just calculate port length like normal? The other option, Figure B, should work fine also but is going to be more difficult for my install since it will have to be a little deeper. What do you think? A or B, folded or wrapped?

2. trifle

trifle Full Member

if it were me i'd fold; i'd rather give up width of my trunk rather than depth

3. Ufdah

Ufdah Full Member

So you guys dont think that folding the port will cause any problems? Will I be able to just use the recommended port length but bend it all to heck?

4. Regal1975

Regal1975 Full Member

bend as little as possible and tune higher.. tuning into the 30s doesnt mean sq will suck...