flawless and a Shiva

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sandt38, Sep 12, 2002.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I lent flawlesskid my Shiva untill he gets his E12K. He seemed quite pleased when he stopped up here at the shop. I am hoping he will comment on the driver. When the E12K goes in we will build the box right at a .8 - .82 QTC, which is what the Shiva is in right now. He prefers a higher frequency peak so I felt this would work well for him. When we get the E12K in the car in the same alignment, I want to add both of our input in a near perfect head to head comparison. Everyone here knows of my affinity for the Shiva, so I dont think I need to comment. Let's get Cort's viewpoint on here and when the E12K is in, we can both give our viewpoints on the head to head...

2. trifle

trifle Full Member

yah i told that bish he better do a head to head :lol:

i bet he feels all good inside got the new hu gettin the new sub, got a sub on loan....

3. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Yes yes yes!

I'm really loving this shiva right now. First and foremost, its a shit load louder than my Boston Pro! Man, its really doing a number on my lil ol car. A buddy of mine got in the car and his first word was "DAMN". Im pretty impressed to say the least. It gets good and loud while maintaining good SQ. To be completely honest though, and please dont come snatch it out of my car for this seth, but it doesnt match the SQ of my Boston pro. I think the boston pro is a damn impressive woofer as far as SQ goes. Pretty tough to beat IMO. But without a doubt, that shiva is a real piece of work. If the e12k is anywhere near as good as this, i'll be happy. Seth, the tensil slap is not a problem at all in my car! With the trunk open, i hear it a little, but nothing to fuss about. Seth, try to design the enclosure for that e12k to achieve the tightest possible performance if possible. The shiva is a little more boomy than i like. Just a little though, nothing im gonna fuss about. Could have something to do with me being used to using 10" woofers. Overall, great woofer! :hitit:

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I will do you right on the enclosure. I think we'll try to flatten out the curve a bit. That may be a slightly higher alignment than you like. We'll pull her down some, hopefully for the Shiva as well as the E12K, but due to the move, it may be difficult to pull off both enclosures that quick.

Yes, the Boston really should take the Shiva in SQ. The Boston was a 10, and it was designed for smaller automotive applications. The Shiva is designed for HT use, larger ported enclosures, to fill larger spaces. Also the Bostons cost 3X as much!!! I know from personal experiance, it will take some getting used to, going from a 10 to a 12 I mean. But when you get used to it, you'll never turn back!!!

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I know where you live, and I'm coming after my baby!!!! :p :p :p

6. 98LowRanger

98LowRanger Full Member

I know where you live, and I'm coming after my baby!!!! :p :p :p[/b][/quote]
    I'll gladly take it and appreciate it!! :D

Mark

7. SQ and qtc of .8 dont belong in the same sentence IMO. The subs doing just what it should in that kind of enclosure.

8. stacy532

stacy532 Full Member

the blueprint 1201 I bought sounded good for a 12" 90$ woofer I sold it for 100$ but really did not want to! I lent it out too!lol

9. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Agreed. I just know Cout likes more midbass impact, so I raised the bar. Apparently a bit too much :D . We'll straighten it out soon...

10. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Seth, i was kicking around a few numbers in winisd, and though i know its not perfectly accurate, but i came down to about .75 cubes giving a .72 qtc. What does that sound like to you?

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

You are giving it 400 Watts right? I have been moving all day and last night, so I have not had much time to mess around with it. Give me the parameter link and I'll see what I come up with... I expect tomorrow to be rather relaxing, besides, I have football all day tomorrow ;)

12. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

13. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Hmmm, I want to see a minimum of 1 foot Cort. Actually, ported to 27Hz looked tight, but that will look sweet in 2 feet or so. Let's start with 1 foot sealed, and go from there. That will be a .68 alignment. We will need 8 inches or so from front to back for the sub (unless you invert it) anyways so I think we can do the install up right with that enclosure. We'll play with the amp rack some to fit. Did you get carpet yet?

Last edited by sandt38 at Sep 16 2002, 09:44 PM

14. trifle

trifle Full Member

yeah, it's about time courtney figures out what REAL bass is :lol:

15. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I'll remind you to smack him whenever we seem him Courtney.

16. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

yeah, it's about time courtney figures out what REAL bass is :lol:[/b][/quote]
    He's learning. He came to the shop today talking about how it was sounding sweet. That E12K in 1 foot will straighten his short and curlys :D .

17. trifle

trifle Full Member

LMAooo@chris...

yeah sandt, he'll learn

chris, when me and courtney were modeling his old boston enclosure the qtc was somewhere around .97... :unsure:

18. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

You wont have to, i'll remember! Seth, i havent even considered carpet man. hrmm, i may go with a different color, and redo the entire trunk. I'm kicking around some install idea's. Whatever i come up with, its gonna be tha Shiznit!@

I see what you mean about that long slow gradual slope with that .75cf enclosure. Its not much better at 1 cf, but it'll do hopefully. That ported idea looks sweet as hell! I dont think i can give up 1.6cf of my trunk. Oh, and did i mention that i hate ported? Thats a little big for me. We'll discuss more later.

Last edited by flawlesskid at Sep 18 2002, 02:12 AM

19. trifle

trifle Full Member

You wont have to, i'll remember! Seth, i havent even considered carpet man. hrmm, i may go with a different color, and redo the entire trunk. I'm kicking around some install idea's. Whatever i come up with, its gonna be tha Shiznit!@

I see what you mean about that long slow gradual slope with that .75cf enclosure. Its not much better at 1 cf, but it'll do hopefully. That ported idea looks sweet as hell! I dont think i can give up 1.6cf of my trunk. Oh, and did i mention that i hate ported? Thats a little big for me. We'll discuss more later.[/b][/quote]
    LMAoooo y'all are crazy...

yeahhhh buddy, ported ported ported, yummy...1.6 + port volume isn't THAT much bigger than 1 cu ft... plus your lowend.... yeahhhhhh, how many more graphs should i show ya before you're convinced? :devil: