first timer getting new subs.

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by april757, Aug 23, 2010.

1. april757

april757 New Member

so im looking to get subs.. and amps for my car which is a 96 pontiac sunfire.. and ive got a kenwood radio and door speakers.

anybody wanna help me out and tell me what kind i need or which ones are good ?

thanks, april.

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

well april...lots of good subs out there...

what kind of music do you listen too? how loud you like it? and what is your budget?

those are some key questions to help let us guide you in your search.

3. april757

april757 New Member

i listen to country and rock mostly, but i do have my times when i
    like my rap music..

i like my music LOUD, and i want the bass to have a nice hard beat.

i dont really have a budget right now, but i dont wanna pay thousands
    for a system in my car.

4. TheViking

A good start would be a couple of 12 inch subs in the right box. you like rock and country such as myself. so i would look for a box that enables the subs to have an f3 of around 45- 55 Hz....acoustic coupling to the car will take care of any of the lower frequencies needed. if ya want it loud then you want at least 500 watts...minimum....1k would be better. this is just a generalization and not set in stone. but would be a good start.

but with this sytem you will need to upgrade your electrical sytem...look into the automotive electrical of this site for more info...

5. april757

april757 New Member

thanks so much, i really appreciate your help...i'll look into the other stuff.

6. TheViking

no problem april... we all enjoy this car audio stuff here and want everyone to get the best they can with what they got.

7. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

prices high to low:
    rockford fasgate/ sq(sound quality) good hard beat
    kicker/same as rockford price and sound wise (beter hit lil lower price)

pioneer ( for poor fok like me) with good ol' sony xplode amp an two 12's. not bad sound good for first timers