F.A.Q. correction

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by JSGolf, Oct 24, 2002.

1. JSGolf

JSGolf New Member

According to your F.A.Q. regarding competition format:

"After SPL measurements are completed, RTA measurements are performed by playing pink noise. When the volume level is within the specified "window" around 90db-110db, the RTA judge will signal you out, and at that point you must exit the vehicle for the actual scoring measurements. The next area for judging should be sound quality where two judges will sit in your car and judge the sound quality based on IASCA's reference CD/tape. The next area is installation judging where the competitor has 5 minutes to explain and show the installation of his/her vehicle"

;) Sound Quality and Install are almost always (at least in my experience) judged prior to RTA/SPL. This is done for obvious reasons (so you don't blow out something when it comes time for SQ judging).

You do say that it differs from show to show, but honestly myself and many other competitors will simply refuse to be judged for SPL before SQ. Hope this helps.

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

not my FAQ

If you read the front Page

all the links link to there site, I have no control over their content

Last edited by Michael at Oct 24 2002, 04:37 PM

3. JSGolf

JSGolf New Member

Ok then sorry about that. My intention wasn't to point out your faults, it was to help those who plan on competing...the more the merrier :)

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well i am glad when people point out mistakes

I was just menting that because you shouod conlt them and info them of thier error so they can fix it