Expectations

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Snausages01, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

You ever feel like you have too high of expectations for you stereo or any piece of equipment you have and that once you get it all installed it wont live up to them?

Well if you've ever felt that way has it lived up to you expectations once you installed it? Were you pleased, disapointed, or very happy with it? Or did it just blow you expectations away because it was so much better than you expected?

Im asking this because as most of you know Im planning a pretty nice/big install comming up and Im just afraid it may not live up to my expectations because I've maybe set them too high.

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

hehehe, I know the feeling. I am the worlds worst about that. With everything, from movies to a piece of ass, to stereo equipment. I must say though, with my current system all my expectations have been exceeded. I think the equipment you have chosen is very nice. I doubt you will be disapointed.

3. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I think you will be very dissapointed so just send it all to me and I will tell you if you have anything to worry about :D

4. Krelkor

Krelkor Full Member

sandt's mom never dissapointed me with her ass

oohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Well I hope they are what I imagined and more. Im getting really anxious to get it all instlled. The amps should be intomarow I was told they have been in trasit or at least shipped form Cali. for about a week now. And I just sold the HU so now Im going to order an 8053 :) which they should get shipped around the 3rd week of Feb. Once I have all that stuff thats pretty much it besides the alarm. I guees once I get the amps paid off Im going to start building the box and buy the seat lift kit.

I cant wait! :D

6. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

so you either had low expectations and are easy to please or you know the secret ingredient (in this case I am gonna buy a plane ticket to get you busy on my cars).... LOL... I wish I had a system that was fully up to my expectations... has not happened yet... maybe it never will...

7. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Boy, don't I wish I had low expectations.... I would still have those old Pioneer floor speakers in the back and thousands of dollars in my pocket, and hours and hours of my time back... :D :D :D

8. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

I'm kinda worried about that. I keep hearing how Brahmas don't "sound" as loud as they really are cuz there's such little distortion. Guess I'll find out on Sat. when I have them installed!

9. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Don't look at that as a bad thing, think of it as a good thing...
    This is the attitude that you should have, IMO!

After all, going in with an overly-optimistic attitude is asking for disappointment, it's the sort of attitude that leads to shortcuts being taken, overconfidently bowling through an installation.
    And then when the end result isn't what you expected, you are highly disappointed, because you convinced yourself that you had the be-all, end-all of systems going into it...
    Not to mention at an extreme, you might brainwash yourself into thinking it IS a great system, even if it doesn't come out that good!

On the other hand,
    If you are nervous about the system not coming out as you expect it should, you are much more likely to not take any chances, to make sure that every ground is good, to make sure things are installed properly...
    Not to mention your expectations will be inherently lower...
    So, when your hard work pays off and it does come out well, you'll be all grins!
    B)

10. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Well see thats why Im waiting till I have everything....So that way I can put it all in at once and take my time and do it right. I dont want any stupid mistakes and I want it all done right!

I dont think that I will trick myself into thinking its good. I think I will be honest with my self because if I dont think its as good as it can be Im going to get it right. I just hope it comes out to be all that I hoped it would! :huh: