Elite Member Program

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Oct 20, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

2. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

oh no
    population segregation
    :eek:

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

how do you figure, Personally I think about 1 out of every 100-200 members will actually particpate in this program

and I can easly support this site up to a growth of 20X and probally more than that, before it really becomes a Issue

he cost of running this is because it is soooooo small is nill, but I HOPE that changes, and I just want to be ready

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I am discussing possible returns on ones investment with Michael too. This might be beneficial to those that decide to join.

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

What we will be doing is offering discount vouchers for S-F if you opt to go with the Elite program. The smallest return on one's investment will be the cost of enrollment returned to the Elite member via the vouchers. I am also considering possibly offering more return though vouchers, or other monthly specials to elite members only who have already enrolled (don't expect to wait till the last minute just because you see the elite member special, as it will only be available to pre-existing members). Also, Mike has suggested other or other tangible items. Also, I am considering linking Elite member webpages to the S-F site as well (depending on how difficult this really is), offering exposure for member rides. Of course, the member will be allowed to decline the exposure if he/she so chooses. I have over 50,000 views on S-F so far this year, so it will be some decent exposure.

As far as segregartion is concerned, not at all. Unlike someplace like www.gamespot.com where members need to pay to go to downloadable game guides, it will all still be offered, just on a broader scale. It will offer some limited mod controlls over your own threads as well as offer you space for storing presonal photos, etc.

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Let me know what your wanting, and I will create it......

as far as the segration is consired, not really, Regular members will have access to all the same features and sections as elite members, but sicne elite members are helping support the site, they will have access to more reasources of the sever, i.e more storeable messages, no flood controls etc. All the things set up to keep cost down will be voided for those paying to support the site

7. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

i'm broke anyways... =(

still - special offers dont faze me - I'm a canuck... lol
    too hard to send stuff up here.... too costly

8. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Update to the Program

Please see the page linked above for more details

Seth has Posted moe information about his part of the Program in his forum as well...

9. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Yes, I wouldn't cry "segregation"..

There aren't any features that are accessible to elite members that aren't accessible to regular members... just increased priviliges in the form of allowing more messages in your inbox, increased limits like that.

The goal is to allure existing members into upgrading, not to discourage people from joining because "they'd need to pay for 'elite' status to really use the site". B)

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

yea, and it is not like it is very costly either 3 cents per day... Hell I drop more than that out of my packet at work lol

I will never add a feature that will not be accessable to all people, this site has always and will always be free to use, but I recognize that I will not be able to support the site financhally forever... so instead of , like most site, waiting until I am way over my head and forced to shut down a great community, I want to prepare for the future, that way money will never keep this site down