Electrical problem...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Slump_Da_Hustla, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

All of a sudden my CD player, power locks, and dome light quit working in my Chevy Caprice. I checked the radio fuse and the fuse marked power acc and they both look OK. The dash lights, power windows, wind-shield wipers and everything else work OK. One thing that concerns me is that the Optima battery Im using doesn't have deep enough side-post connections so there isn't really a good connection at the battery. Any ideas? :(

2. zabooza

zabooza Full Member

really sounds like a blown fuse to me. go through your car's owner's manual. There is probably another fuse to check.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Yes Soiunds like a Blown Fuse to me as well

Have you looked at the Fuse box in the Engine Compartment?

Many Cars have Dual Boxes, and in some cases Dual Circuits....

Also I woiuld HIGHLY recommend finding a Way to make the Connection at the battery the Best you possibly can

Or you may one day come out and your car not start, all because of a bad connection

you could be able to buy a Top Post mount, and Convery your car top post

Or get a differant battery

there are many other, and sometimes better, alternatives to the <insert color here> top

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

check your courtesy or courtesy lamp fuse/circut breaker.

5. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

Thanks guys, It was a fuse under the hood that I didn't know about. I used some washers to get a good battery connection.