Dynamat alternative

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by monster71, Nov 7, 2010.

1. monster71

monster71 Full Member

Any body ever try Peel n Seal? U buy it in the roofing dept at Lowes or Home Depot. Its 1/3 of the cost of Dynamat. Its comparable to the original Dynamat (40 mm thick). The new Dynamat extreme is 80 mm thick. I need to add something to the trunk lid. If not the Peel n Seal any other suggestions? Fat Mat looks decent as does Second Skin but they are more expensive than the Peel n Seal too.

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

3. monster71

monster71 Full Member

Thanks Ranger. Thats a great deal.

4. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Used roofing tar in the past, many multiples of layers. ya it works. albeit messy and smelly for a while! LOL! Im a cheap SOB, not wiling to pay for convienance, would rather pay less and get more at the expense of my time

5. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I have the eD stuff and I like it too. I heard layers of Peal n Seal works pretty good too.

6. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

I have used bedliner, if you put enough of it on it works well, sort of like the roofing tar principle. But I too am a cheap S.O.B. I've used it less for audio and more for like wheel wells and whatnot, you'd be surprised how many spots the factory cheaped out on that can make a huge difference.

7. DMP

DMP Full Member

I used Fatmat. Im happy with it.