door wiring 95 integra 2dr

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by gunnerman, Apr 6, 2009.

1. gunnerman

gunnerman Full Member

I'm installing a system in my car. In the doors there is a harness for the wiring. I was wondering how I would run after market wires for the speakers from the amp. I remember seeing a thread about wiring through a wiring a harness in the door of a acura CL but haven't seen one for the integra.

anyone got any ideas?

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

here is the wiring for your car. you can just tap the speaker wires if you want so you won't have to do a whole new wiring job. Hope this helps...

1995 Acura Integra Stereo Wiring
    Constant 12V+ Blue/White
    Switched 12V+ Yellow/Red
    Ground Black
    Illumination Red/Black
    Dimmer n/a
    Antenna Trigger n/a
    Antenna Left Rear
    Front Speakers 5 1/4" Doors
    Left Front (+) Blue/Green
    Left Front (-) Gray/Black
    Right Front (+) Red/Green
    Right Front (-) Brown/Black
    Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck
    Left Rear (+) Blue/Yellow
    Left Rear (-) Gray/White
    Right Rear (+) Red/Yellow
    Right Rear (-) Brown/White

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  3. gunnerman

gunnerman Full Member

I was looking to bypass the stock wiring...I saw somewhere that you can take out the harness in the door and push speaker wire through.

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I think all you would have to do is just disconnect the stock speaker wiring and just wire you new speaker wire in. There should be enough room to work with there without taking out the stack harness.

5. gunnerman

gunnerman Full Member

there is no space around the harness...

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

really? wow! what i would do then is pull it out of the doors and just keep them intact and let them stay in the kick panels. That way, if you ever decide to sell the car and put it back to stock then you can.

7. gunnerman

gunnerman Full Member

the harness contains wires for the power windows and door locks too..can't just remove it...

I was hoping u might know how to push a wire through the harness...i've seen it done on an acura cl.

anymore ideas?

8. DMP

DMP Full Member

Im confused? It should be pretty easy....given that you have the door panels removed. Just run the wires through the rubber hose between the door and the body.

9. gunnerman

gunnerman Full Member

there was a portion of the rubber that was necked down so that i couldn't get a coat hanger past it. not as easy as it seems.