Denali HD Audio Design

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by thrash, Oct 18, 2010.

1. thrash

thrash Full Member

I am typing this now for the second time from my treestand on my phone. First time I hit the wrong button with my glove and I erased it all so bare with me. I am looking for guidance, assistance, and everybodys expertise. I just sold my G37. I had a JL Audio 10W6 in a custom box with a 500/1V2 pushing it. I kept the amp. I just bought a 2011 Denali HD Duramax Diesel truck. My plan is to put a JL Audio stealthbox in it with two 10W3's with the 500/1V2 pushing them. I want to keep the factory headunit that has nav and backup camera, but I want to remove the Bose 5.1 speakers and replace them with aftermarket components. Back in the 90's when I was into car audio more, JL Audio was a key player for subs and MB Quart was a higher end key player for components. This is where I need advice now. What would be a leading brand for high quality components these days? Who is the overall leader? I plan to get a JL Audio 300/4V2 to run my components. A local car audio shop suggested Hertz which I am not familiar with at all. Not that means much since I have not kept up much. I am in the Atlanta area. Are there any highly reputable shops in the area that I should consider for installation etc? Obviously I am not going to have the best setup, but I don't want to take any shortcuts either. Help me out and fill me in! Thanks!

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

OH BOY! here we go!

Your gunna get ALL kinds of ideas....

But here is what I am gunna tell you....take suggestions from here or other folks...then go listen to the speakers/equipment YOURSELF. That is the best way to determine what you want. Let YOUR ears tell you what sounds the best! Afterall, your the one who listens to it everyday.

Let the brand reccomendations bigin! LOL!

3. thrash

thrash Full Member

Hey Viking, let me at least get a component brand recommendation from you to go listen to.

4. TheViking

To be honest, I aint listend to any new components in years! Been needing to do this since me and the lil lady are redoing the Dakotas sytem soon...

But I always liked Orion, Oz audio, ADS and boston acoustics...but that was YEARS ago!

5. thrash

thrash Full Member

I hear ya. Been years for me too. I attended USAC back in 98. That was the real last time I knew anything car audio related.

6. TheViking

Well, how about guys.....some reccomendations?

7. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i like polk. thats what i have in my truck. infinity is also a decent sounding speaker.

ive heard an all JBL SQ truck. very nice too. as are alpine.

its also in the install. the speaker has to be solidly mounted. it can make a big diff.

you never mentioned a budget.

8. thrash

thrash Full Member

No real budget. Just want high quality and highly reputable. I will have it all professionally installed by a top notch dealer as soon as I find one haha!

9. Ansalon72

Ansalon72 Member

Depends on the budget. If you're not taking any shortcuts and are going for SQ, I would look at Morel Dotech's Or Dynaudio MK's. Good luck finding an authorized Dynaudio dealer though. There's also Focal Polyglass or K2 series. These are models that sound good to my ears. They also don't like to be turned up too loud(sq). If you want that, go with the upper end models of either of these companies, or just stick with the basics; Infinity, Alpine, Boston, Mobile Quart, Diamond Audio, etc.

10. lanceloare

lanceloare New Member

Nothing wrong with MBQ's these days & they're relatively cheap. Granted they ain't what they used to be but you're not building an award-winning system, so if you like their sound, why not? Unless you're looking to spend some real money they're still one of my fave speakers.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010