Daddy's Got Some New Tools

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Dec 21, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Picked me Up the Delta 6pack today at work

20% off weekend only sale at lowes (still have a few hours to get it)

20% off all HandHeld, Bench Mount and Most StandAlone Power Tools

I got my Set at almost $60 UNDER lowe's Cost hehehehhehehe

2. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

how much you get it for?

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

External on the Case

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Tools In Case

Also Resized the First post for those still on the old 56K ;) B)

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

They were $269, then they dropped them to $249 and this weekend they were 20% off making them $199.20

I paid $179.28 :p

6. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

how did you get the additional off?

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I work their, Kinda.. I am not employed by lowes, but I work in the Lowes Store everyday B)

8. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

hmm is that kinda like when a person dosnt work at a grociery store but yet they are the ones that hand out the free beenie wienne trials???

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Notta Really

I fix and Asseble Just about everything for them....

All of the Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Grills, Furniture, just about everyting that need assebly I build it, and I will fix anything that has a Gas Powered Engine On it...

I know I make more money they the people passing out Benie Weenies :p :p :p :p

10. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

lol funny stuff i just like beenie wiennes
    :)

sounds like a tedious job.

Scott Stoner

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

winter is boring I stand around for 7+ hours, Spring I am working 12hr days and still get behind so......

12. NOTSHAT

NOTSHAT New Member

All I can say is good luck with it. I can't sell those combo for nothing.
    I am the tool man. (I like the way that sounds) :D You know it's porter cable.

xtremeboom

13. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Never Had any problems with Porter Cable or Delta Products, and yes I am fully Aware they are the same Company

As are Black and Decker and Dewalt,. and ..................

They are good Qualty I dont see anything Wrong with them

14. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

6 tools and one battery? Somethings not calculating here... :blink:

15. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

2 batterys and a 1hr quick charger

the battery and charger were not in the pic because I was charging them ;) :p

16. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Aha! :lol:

17. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Very nice. I just got my compressor, toolkit, and painting kit. I have a tool boner right now.

How did you get that gig at the Lowes and how well does it pay? Looking for something PT that will last a few months and that would be great. I miss working on small gas engines too. Something peaceful about it.

18. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

That's pretty pimp.... I need some tools myself.

19. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well my company does alot more than just lowes, and we do alot more than just the small engines as well

the lowes program requires 40hours a week, it is in the contract with lowes, so you would be unable to work PT

The Pay is Kinda Weird, you have a Base Pay that you never make less than, and then a "peice rate" that has a certin payout for each repair, and assembly based on a time scale

Base Wages Vary by State. but I think they are mostly $9/hr to start.

I make more than that,

but if you give me your location, I can put out in touch with the Area Manager over your area and you can see what they have avalible

I know they need alot of people in the Northern Chicago Area, Lowes is getting ready to open 5 stores up there

and it is like that all over, lowes has 140 new stores planned for 2004 ;)

20. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

$9 an hour isnt too great for me right now. Plus I am more looking for a PT thing to get me through the holidays until business picks up. I am still getting $80 ish a day in 6 hours right now though so it isnt as bad as I originally thought it was. I have actually been able to get my 8 hours the last couple days so hopefully it will keep picking up.