CUSTOM BUILD WITH SOUND SYSTEM-CONSOLE-PC-LCD TV-solar panel

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by shaddabeast, Nov 17, 2011.

1. shaddabeast

shaddabeast New Member

OK i randomly had this idea to build a whole entertainment system in my 2005 subaru sti. I have purchased already maybe 50% of the stuff and now i am stuck with couple of questions and advice because i am a noob at this.

First of all i am going to show the things i purchased...

1x ALPINE SPS-500 2 WAY 5.25" 340W MAX CAR STEREO TYPE-S COAXIAL PANEL SPEAKERS
    2xALPINE SWR-1023D 10-INCH CAR AUDIO SUBWOOFER 2-OHM SUB
    2xJBL GTO938 6"x9" 3-Way COAXIAL CAR SPEAKER pair GTO-938
    1x samsung 22d5010 LCD TV

NOW THE THINGS I STILL WANT TO PURCHASE
    HP TOUCHSMART 610 QUAD i7-2600 3.4GHZ 8GB 1.5TB BLU-RAY TV TUNER 23" 1GB VIDEO
    2nd Battery
    Isolator
    ALL Types of wiring
    Solar panel with voltage regulator
    Fuses
    xbox 360
    ANYTHING I MIGHT MISS OR ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

now first question- what amp should i use and how many?is there currently available amps with optical input??

you guys think i can hook all these electronics up to my sound system?

i would like to have all my electronics hidden such as the amps and speakers...would any of these things overheat if they are hidden on the rear of my seat cloth?or anywhere else

you guys think this is impossible or just nuts?

About the solar panel... i want to be able to play music or watch dvds or play xbox while my car is off, so therefore i am going to custom install a solar panel inside my trunk and build a sliding bracket and type of shocks on my trunk so that if i park, i can press a button and have my trunk fully open with solar panels popping out to charge the battery slowly...yea i know,this is actually nuts and i try to hide the parts but i cant think of anything else to put the solar panels, i dont want them haning in my window or top...

okay guys, ideas,suggestions, help... anything would be appreciated

2. shaddabeast

shaddabeast New Member

i forgot to mention that i wanted the speakers hooked up to the pc. thats why i dont have a headunit mentioned