Custom Audiobahn Tube

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by Mike050, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Mike050

Mike050 Full Member

Well I recently had just one Audiobahn Special Edition sub in my blazer with another just sitting in my room collecting dust.. I didn't want to spend countless hours building another box but I also wanted to use my other sub.. so I went out in my shop and grabbed a 5 gallon bucket, padded it, carpeted it and sealed the sub on top.. and surprisingly it sounds awesome.. haha just thought I'd tell you all my story about my Audiobahn Bazooka Tube. I mean for 5 bucks it isn't a bad box at all....

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Lol...good to hear that I sounds good....those buckets will crack like no other when really cold.

So what is that bucket tuned to?? lol

3. Mike050

Mike050 Full Member

haha yeah no tuning involved on this project lol.... yeah hopefully I'll have the time to build a "real" box soon before the frost hits cuz you're def. right about them cracking in the cold.. but o'well I'll just keep it in there and get a couple laughs/surprised looks out of a couple people for a while.. but damn.. I can't wait to get rid of my subs.. Audiobahn special edition whatever whatever.. I hate them.. any suggestions? anybody? something no more than $200.. SQ

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  4. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

HA HA!!! nice!!!!

Reminds me of an old 6 inch Kef driver I mounted into a Folgers coffee can. I appled dynamat to the inside of it and stuffed it full of dacron, then used only the best electrical tape (3M super 33) to hold the friver in place. was used on my clock radio when the original speaker puked its guts out. Oh, and I had a tweeter on it too. actually sounded pretty good! Those clock radio's rally have some killer .345 watt amps in them!!!!